Skip to content

Finished reading Goodbye My Lady

Basenji Talk
  • Very sweet book that was pretty much like I expected it would be. The depiction of the basenji laughing and crying were amusing and touching. The boy in the story was quite stoic at the end, much more than I would have been.

    I'm away for a little R and R for the next 5 days and am bringing August Magic, another book about a basenji. I'll give you the Coles notes on it when I return next weekend.

    Have a wonderful, happy, basenji-filled week. May you experience all the good things life offers.

  • I just watched that movie (for the umpteenth time) yesterday!! Always makes me laugh…."she's got birds!!!"

Suggested Topics

  • Goodbye My Lady

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Having grown up and spent a lot of time in the mt farm area, when people routinely shot dogs for LOOKING wrong at a chicken, refusing to give up a bird when hunting etc, I didn't really fixate on the training methods when I saw it as a child nor in the years since. I am glad things have changed, but training was what it was and every animal was a commodity of some sort, not just a pet.
  • New way of saying Goodbye

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    6k Views
    nobarkusN
    @sonnyboy: that's funny….sonny does a happy dance when I pick up his coat to go for our 6am walk in the morning. I'm sure not happy about it at that hour!:D I take Buddy at 4:30am. That should make you happy now. :D
  • She's A Lady

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    My pup never bothered hers much and I didn't even use a spray deterent. (Of course she got used to wearing coats in the winter so maybe that helped.)
  • The time has come to say goodbye…

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    lovemybarooL
    I have decided to keep Baroo, and I hate to be so back and forth on the issue, but I am sure you have all been there at some point and understand. I am going to start a new post, so please see that one for further explaination. Thanks for all of your advice so far, I know I will be needed more now though!
  • Please read

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    QuercusQ
    I personally know a Basenji that died from raisin toxicity. It is definitely a real, and serious concern.
  • Cali meets Lady and Brandy

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    J
    Hollie is also a mixed breed. She is Basenji and Whippet. I found out early on that she fears no other dogs. She is approximately 30 lbs and almost 2 years old. She plays with dogs of all sizes on a regular basis and backs down from none. Her "boyfriend" at the local dogpark is a 6 month old Irish Wolfhound ,whose favorite game is let's put Hollie's head in my mouth, this puppy is already 3 times her size in body (not sure of his weight at this point - but he is expected to be over 170 lbs full grown). Hollie plays with the Mastiffs, Ridgebacks and other large breeds. I prefer this now, seeing how rough a basenji can be when playing.