• I would just like to say a big Well Done to Maya and Jess on gaining their Junior Warrant ( just seen it in the Kennel Gazette ).

It's no mean feat to achieve as our class numbers are low or non existent.

Way to go girls

Marianne xxx

• Ooooh, is it in this month? I missed the deadline for last month lol! Will have to check it out ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Does it have a picture? I cant remember if i sent one inโ€ฆ!!

Thank you for our thread though, im very proud as, as far as im aware, the only other basenji to gain its JW this year is Maya's brother who has about 10 CC's and many BOBs so we are in VERY good company ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have to say, the hard thing was the Open show points. We had about 30 champ show points but you have to have 3 open show ones with at least 3 entries in the breed and just getting the entries was a nightmare! I was so relieved when we finally got it lol!

• Congratulations to Maya and Jess ๐Ÿ™‚

• Congrats Maya and Jess!!!

• Yep her photo is in there, right at the top of the page !!!!!

I would dearly love to put Basenji classes on at our Open show but I know we wouldn't get an entry. It's a shame.

• Congratulations to Maya and you, I hadn't seen the announcement when I saw you on Saturday. I hope it doesn't mean you will cease to support the local Open shows ? There are some of us that have tried over the years to keep these classes open and its good to know that there are younger people coming on who will do the same. The Open shows are so much more fun, in my opinion.

• @Patty:

Congratulations to Maya and you, I hadn't seen the announcement when I saw you on Saturday. I hope it doesn't mean you will cease to support the local Open shows ? There are some of us that have tried over the years to keep these classes open and its good to know that there are younger people coming on who will do the same. The Open shows are so much more fun, in my opinion.

Not at all! We got our Junior Warrant a few months ago and have since attended the only two open shows with basenji classes in reasonable distance! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I always try to support the local shows that put on classes for us as soon there wont be any classes at all with the way entries are going.

• Congratulations Jess and Maya, it's almost impossible these days to get the open show points, we almost never have classes in the South, we lost two shows last year but still supported the shows.

• I would be only too willing to put them one next year if I could get the support.

Entries are down all over at the mo and it's the Open Shows that are taking the hit. I too prefer them, nice chat and a cup of coffee with out rushing around with equipment, dogs etc. Hopefully our Club will break even, but alot have gone to the wall this year. Alot of the newbies think that it's the champ shows or bust, what happened to the days of breaking yourself in slowly lol !!!!!

Sorry Jess, the thread has gone off topic, it's still great that you managed to achieve the JW x

• If there are open shows within about an hour and a half with classes we will usually try to get to them to support them (and generally take a carful with the labs and pugs! lol) but there are just so few and its a bit disheartening to go all that way and be the only one entered, which has happened a few times!

• Hereford put on Basenji classes for years but as I've failed to attend for the past couple of years they may have stopped them. It's always worth a try. Glad to hear you'll continue with the Open Shows where possible. Personally, apart from club shows I mainly limit all my shows whether Champ, Open or Limit to around 100 miles. I've never been that interested in showing my Basenjis (to each his own) and I find they get very bored if they have to go to too many shows. Perhaps their lives away from shows are far too interesting!!!!

• Too true, I def know Cooper is far happier by the firesideโ€ฆ............or chasing the Dobes......................or the cat....................or eating...........etc etc etc. Anything apart from that darn show table lol !!!! although he does like the meet and greet part............and the.......isn't he handsome..............isn't he lovely..................so proud..................what is he !!!!! lol

I'll see how the land lies and may be next year we might have some more B's in the ring and I'll schedule them. I live in hope lol !!

• Whereabouts is your show Marianne? Maybe the Basenjiforum UK members could make an effort to get to it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Maya loves being at home, she is a proper pampered princess at home, her favourite place in the world is my bed, she is ALWAYS in my bed when i get home from work, i think she sleeps for 22 hours a day!! But, she just hates being left home when i go to a show. The last couple of months we've been concentrating on the labs and pugs and i have noticed Maya getting very upset when we pack the car and leave her home. She loves going to the shows, especially having a walk round and helping herself to all the edible freebies at the trade stands ๐Ÿ˜ƒ And she LOVES being on the table. She usually stands with her hands on it waiting for me to pick the rest of her up ๐Ÿ˜ƒ She's a funny little person!

• We are over in Essex Jess

Barking Canine Club, Towerlands Park, Braintree. Infact I'm just dealing with our entries for this years show which is on Sat 9th October and will prob be around the same time next year.

Would love to see you all next year xx

• Well done Maya and Jess thatโ€™s no mean feat!

Suggested Topics