• :eek:;)
    It seems Malaika has some Dog in her after all ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Today we were in the Park and the rain was lashing down, didn't bother her a bit. Once we were down in the woods she enjoyed splashing in the stream and retrieved sticks that i threw several times. She was one very wet Dog, funny though that we can't get her to go into the garden for a wee if it's raining. Thats when she turns into a Basenji ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @thunderbird8588:

:eek:;)
    It seems Malaika has some Dog in her after all ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Today we were in the Park and the rain was lashing down, didn't bother her a bit. Once we were down in the woods she enjoyed splashing in the stream and retrieved sticks that i threw several times. She was one very wet Dog, funny though that we can't get her to go into the garden for a wee if it's raining. Thats when she turns into a Basenji ๐Ÿ˜‰

When she's in the woods she's in play mode so the water is just part of the fun but when it's just pee time well she's just not in play mode and the rain is no fun and the Basenji mode kicks in.:rolleyes:

• I think a lot of the B's have not gotten the memo - Shaye seems to have begun loving the water, even leaping into ponds in the dog park, and swimming in the ocean. Gemma hates it, like a normal basenji, even though she's a mix. I've spoken with lots of basenji owners whose dogs don't mind the water. Shaye doesn't even mind walking in the rain after the first twenty feet or so - she just shakes the water off from time to time, and keeps me out there for as long as it takes! Gemma quick-pees and runs for the house. So, I think there's just no telling what they will do.

• Selective dogginess. Is that a word? Oh, wellโ€ฆI guess it is now. ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested Topics