Constant peeing and blood in urine, vet keeps feeding antibiotics.

• Insane? Well I've been called worse.<lol>

Sorry you do not like the message but…......

You, yourself said your vet could have saved you the time and trouble (and your poor boy needless days of suffering) had s/he just done an x-ray in the beginning. All of your posts re: your vet have basically implied that s/he is the one at fault, which I agree - to a point.

Once the information was in your hands (which you specifically asked for) to ask for an x-ray (or get to a second vet for an xray) and nothing was done - some of the responsibility is laid at your feet. And while I am not a vet, I am a Certified Vet tech with over 15 years experience in a 5 doctor practice so not just some uneducated person trolling various forums looking to "pontificate" its members, as you imply. It does sound fun though.

In the end - too many folks do not feel empowered enough to approach their vets and ask for what they want; I am only educating folks, as a member of the field, that not only do they have the power - they have the RIGHT to do so as the vet works for THEM - not the other way around.

Though not a vet, my profession is the second best thing to a vet to some folks; having witnessed first hand (more than once) obstructed male ureters - that can obstruct and un-obstruct as the stones move - I beg to differ with the "expert" that waiting 10 days for an ultrasound when an x-ray (taken within a few minutes/hours) could have sufficed was in the best interest of your pet.

But then I am the pets advocate, not the doctor's and not the clients. I try and speak for those who can not. And if someone on this forum can read this exchange and be empowered to speak up for their pet, you can gladly continue to call me every name in the book!

Mercury turnpike cruiser</lol>

• I think, in this country, we tend to trust Dr and vets…I learned a long time ago, that they are doing their best, but if your not happy with the way the dog is responding or what the vet tells you, then find another vet.
    It doesn't mean the vet is bad, or ignorant, but I think we know our dogs better than strangers.
    I hope we can continue to share things without folks getting upset.
    Sometimes with writing, things can be taken wrong.
    I just try to read things with the dogs in mind...after all, we are all here for the dogs yes?

• Its just good to hear that finally the problem has been discovered and will soon be righted.

We do seem to trust our vets (and our doctors) but you now know that they are just as liable to make mistakes - after all they're only humanm.

Alls well that ends well and I can see that Sinbaje has very strong feelings based on her experience and didn't mean for you to be upset.

• @sharronhurlbut:

I hope we can continue to share things without folks getting upset.
    Sometimes with writing, things can be taken wrong.
    I just try to read things with the dogs in mind…after all, we are all here for the dogs yes?

Yes, absolutely. The main thing we are here for are our animals.

• There are two sides of the coin here. While we may trust that the vet has the knowledge, we also know our dogs. It is ultimately up to the owner to decide the right course of action. Not everyone gets it right the first time either. Neither the vet nor the owner. I have had a vew encounters with vets who think they know my dog better than me-even with test results staring them in the face. On more that a couple of occassions, I have had to step in and say, "No, this is the route I want to take." But with that decision comes education as well. I think that the consumer, as they grow with knowledge, becomes more adept at reading things on their own and the vets should start to listen and have more open minds to the owner. Just MO. Glad to see, though, that things are on the move for your baby!

Suggested Topics