• Not limping anymore, had a vet appointment, but might cancel it. I think he was just sore from our vacation with him, as we went on a lot of long walks and the limping started when we came home.

Still doing well with no accidents. Really shows how we the owners got neglectful and was leaving the morning potty decision to him, which is never a good idea. Still walking him evey morning, but am only doing short walks due to his limping (which again seems better).

• @Barklessdog:

No accidents. I have been taking him for a walk every morning. He's empty for the day.

However, he is starting to walk with a very slight limp.

He turned 9 last December and we definately notice that he has is acting old- slower, calmer, sleeps more, has a lot of grey hairs on his black coat & muzzle.
    He also has become a fussy eater. Waits till we start eating before he does (put in crate for our dinner with his). Our other dog is a vacuum cleaner and does not chew food. We should remane her Hoover or Dyson.

I guess this is typical for his age?

As per your post after this one, glad to hear that the limp is better.

As far as a fussy eater at age 9, that is pretty young, really. All mine at that age still ate like "hoovers". Have his teeth been check lately?

• He's due for a cleaning although I brush his teeth.

• @Barklessdog:

He's due for a cleaning although I brush his teeth.

If he is being fussy about eating and this is new, my first thought would be teeth…..

• He has a wheat/ beef/salmon/duck allergy and his tummy gets upset & bubbly. He can only eat his food no treats. So goes where he is starving to not wanting to eat. He has had this most of his life. He has been doing well on the Blue Buffalo Lamb & rice, but manages to leave the life bits. I can feed him a handful of food and out come the life bits, that our other dog Hoover vacuums up.

Suggested Topics