• Aww, that woulda been very cute! He would probably let us put one on him! He lets me do anything to him! lol

• He's a cutie!

• Sid is adorable - what a cute pic.

When my youngest basenji used to go to puppy romp, one of her favourite playmates was a french bulldog named Lola. They were best buds. 😃

• Sid is very handsome, how about some pics of your other Basenji and 3 Cats 😉

• What a spoiled boy! I can see he is well loved.

• Awww, I only have the one basenji. The other basenji I spoke of is deceased a few years ago, his name was Bailey. However, the three cats I can work with!! Once our new addition comes I will be sure to keep you posted 🙂

• I am excited to bring the Frenchie into our home. Sid seems to take well to other animals and I think a puppy will liven him up a bit! He trys to play with the cats sometimes and they just don't get it, why would they? lol

• @basenjilover11:

We actually have our heart set on the french bulldog breed. I know I know, we are traitors, but all animals need loving and we are not biased 🙂

Ok 🙂
    Good name for yourself –-check
    Good looking basenji---check
    and now looking for a frenchie????---check
    1 B, 1 frenchie and 3 cats---check

Are we the same person 😉

I have a 6yo frenchie named phoebe.
    What a hoot. She is so sweet, but so loud (snoring and tooting and barking). But a great dog.
    The only problem we have is that my B get her running and she gets overheated and out of breath in the hotter months.
    There are a few on petfinder.

• we actually got a frenchie pup in early march. He ennded up having severe heart issues and he did not make it through surgery:( so we are waiting for the breeder to havve another litter in early may. It was really hard on us, we only had him 3 weeks. I think Sid took it hard as well bc tey were already begininning to bond. So wish us luck in mid may for an awesome litter!! And christy…how flippin hilarious! We named ours Dexter..but now hav2 come uup with another name..phoebe is adorable:)

• @basenjilover11:

we actually got a frenchie pup in early march. He ennded up having severe heart issues and he did not make it through surgery:( so we are waiting for the breeder to havve another litter in early may. It was really hard on us, we only had him 3 weeks. I think Sid took it hard as well bc tey were already begininning to bond. So wish us luck in mid may for an awesome litter!! And christy…how flippin hilarious! We named ours Dexter..but now hav2 come uup with another name..phoebe is adorable:)

Thanks.
    2 of your cats aren't sphynx are they? that would be just too funny.
    We have 2 sphynx and a siamese (hairless cats, barkless dog?? :p)
    Well good luck with your new pup, when it gets here. I think the frenchie pups are so cute. And I love the name Dexter, it sounds so grown up. Sorry, he didnt make it.
    Phoebe came from a breeder in KY that was going to put her down because she had lots of abdominal hernias and the cost (from her vet) was the price she was selling her pups for. (I know, nice breeder). I had been calling rescues and breeders looking for a rescue or a retired adult. The breeder told me to come get her, but there was no guarantee on if she would make it and that she would be "my problem now". Well, little Phoebe came home with me and my vet did the surgery (it was an "it might work" type of surgery) and did her spay at the same time. Cost me about $200 (I used to work there, love my vet) and she has been just fine ever since. I really lucked out with her.
    We are getting ready to combine homes in June -This should be a blast :rolleyes:
    Him- 1 giant siamese and 1 snorty French Bulldog.
    Me- 1 quirky B and 2 loving, but phoebe hating, sphynx.

• @basenjilover11:

we actually got a frenchie pup in early march. He ennded up having severe heart issues and he did not make it through surgery:( so we are waiting for the breeder to havve another litter in early may. It was really hard on us, we only had him 3 weeks. I think Sid took it hard as well bc tey were already begininning to bond. So wish us luck in mid may for an awesome litter!! And christy…how flippin hilarious! We named ours Dexter..but now hav2 come uup with another name..phoebe is adorable:)

Awww, I bet Sid does miss him. Hopefully the new pup can help bring him out of his shell.

• Wow, that was pretty awesome of you to take care of the sick pup and bring her back to health! No, my cats are not sphynx. One is your typical house cat and the others are himalayans. We are praying that our next puppy is healthy and normal as we have not had much luck with dogs here lately.

Suggested Topics