• These are some pictures of my bunnies. We will be expecting litters in the next few months from our two newest does. Ill post up pictures in here.

Breed: Britannia Petite. Variety: Chestnut Agouti.
    Name: Rocky Sr. Buck
    won best of variety at 2009 ARBA Convention

posing for best in show

Breed: Tan. Variety: Chocolate
    Name: Candy Sr. Doe

Name: Lola Sr. Doe "Brood"
    Before she pulled all her hair which is now a prettier chocolate color

Name: Chevy Sr. Buck

Breed: Tan. Variety: Black
    Name: Monster Sr. Buck
    not the greatest poser

Name: Beyonce Sr. Doe
    Won Best of Breed Youth at the 2009 ARBA Convention

Video of how we show tans. They are a running breed so they are naturally posed.

• Houston

So cute..Thanks for sharing.
    we had a bunny once, but it got bit by a horsefly and the larva that the fly laid killed it..so sad. Petunia was her name.

• Thanks for sharing. So, in a nutshell, how to they judge bunnies? It is kind of like dogs (I'm guessing you don't run them around a ring, lol) with a breed standard, etc.?

• @Nemo:

Thanks for sharing. So, in a nutshell, how to they judge bunnies? It is kind of like dogs (I'm guessing you don't run them around a ring, lol) with a breed standard, etc.?

Yea it is similar to dogs with some of the language. Each breed does have a standard and they are judged on how close to that standard the animal achieves.
    There are different groupings of rabbits such as fancy rabbits, or those that are posed (ex: Britannia petite). And runners, which are bunnies who are shown based on not only their looks, but how they move across a table (ex: tans)
    Then there are of course the meat breeds which are used for consumption and plenty self explanatory

• Fascinating. I sometimes forget people show animals other than dogs. There must be shows for every type of animal…

Now I'm envisioning killer whale and giant squid shows...

• haha. Yes it is very interesting. My rabbit bredder would go to bird shows and I know they have shows for koi fish too

• Beautiful bunnies!

I had a grey lop named Snuffy. He was a sweet guy!

Suggested Topics