• Maggie is lovely and it sounds like she has settled in well. I know what you mean about the transition from an older Dog to a Puppy ๐Ÿ˜‰
    You mention she has gone a little back in her potty training, Malaika did this a few days ago, it all started when it rainedโ€ฆ.....

• @wifoulks:

Maggie's mom is Ch Reveille Solo Pilot (she's in one of the pictures I posted). Her dad is Clear N Present Danger (first litter for both dogs).

And so your little girl is related to a few here on the Forum. My Franie is a Grandaughter of C-Quest's Just Push Play (Player) and your baby's Grandmom is also Player's Mom.

And "Capt Jack our Basenji" now in Hawaii has a Player son.

• Wifolks - congrats on your new pup - she's super cute. I love the one stretched out on the back of the couch. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• @tanza:

And so your little girl is related to a few here on the Forum. My Franie is a Grandaughter of C-Quest's Just Push Play (Player) and your baby's Grandmom is also Player's Mom.

And "Capt Jack our Basenji" now in Hawaii has a Player son.

How cool is that?? I was happy to find this forum but I had no idea I'd find relatives too!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• @tanza:

What is her breeding? I just brought home three new puppies, two are sired by Ch Reveille Push The Limit To MVโ€ฆ (only two are living with me, one with one of my other puppy owners)

We just finished my brindle girl that was sired by the same dog. She finished the first week of December at about 13 months old and got a group 2 the same day. She's a great looking dog and so are her sire and dam.:)

• Hi Linda, We meet up at West Park in Tampa (search Hillsborough County Parks) on Sunday's from 11 till about 2, depending on weather. Would love to have you join us when you are in the Tampa area. I can give you directions if you need, just let me know.
    Anne in Tampa

• @MacPack:

Hi Linda, We meet up at West Park in Tampa (search Hillsborough County Parks) on Sunday's from 11 till about 2, depending on weather. Would love to have you join us when you are in the Tampa area. I can give you directions if you need, just let me know.
    Anne in Tampa

Anne,

Have you guys been meeting for many years? We met up with a group probably 8 or so years ago with our red and white, Tia. I had just had my first baby so I had him with me and my parents as well. I have pictures of Tia playing with a large group of basenjis and I know the pictures are from Tampa. We also met up with some at Davis Island. I remember an older tri (I think) named Nikki. Is that you by chance??

Linda

• wiflouks welcome!

Your new pup looks adorable. Sorry for only 10 years! Keep posting those pictures

Tom

• @renaultf1:

My 15mo (Aaliyah) was litter trained. I had no problem transitioning her to outdoors. I initially had 2 litter boxes set up - 1 upstairs (in an xpen with her crate) and 1 downstairs. Almost immediately she preferred to go outside - only ever pooped in the house (in the litter box) once. So I removed the one downstairs and kept the one upstairs until she now longer used it (around 6 mo). There was no confusion at all about going outside - when she was out, she went - especially if on a walk - because of the excitement.

I'm in Maine - so it was cold and snowy when she first came home - really, really snowy last winter. She loved being outside and was always the last one to want to come in. I actually credit her not having any care about weather (snow or rain) because she started playing outside at 12 weeks. To this day even if it is pouring she doesn't put up a fuss about going out and is actually excited - unlike my other 2 who go out begrudgingly.

Oh, and I used Equine Pine pellets for the litter box. Same as Feline Pine, but can the Equine version can be purchased in 30lb bags at Tractor Supply for about $6 a bag.

Maggie is doing much better about going outside. She's using her litter box less and less. We had a ton of rain last night into this morning however, which caused her to use her little box this morning. By the afternoon we had her back outside. She's basically refusing to go out in the rain and stands in the yard with one leg up if it is even a little bit moist. We are using corn cob bedding as she was the only one in the litter who had a reaction to the pine bedding. I guess I'll keep the litter box around for rainy days. ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested Topics