• Great pups… really beautiful! and the names are very nice!

• I have never had or hear that any have atrophied any further…. Also I have never had any that turned black, they just fell off... And many times the tail tip will stay warm, 50/50 if it is lost or not. Have you used the oitment from birth?

And I like the A&D oitment because it makes a shield around the area, rather then a cream that just soaks in and disappears.

But like you noted, they have lots of white on the tip, so no problem there.

For those who have asked, seems like on newborn puppies they get some kind of what many refer to as cradle cap (like on a baby) on the tail tips. The tips will die and fall off... many have different "cures" from washing daily with dish soap, to creams, or for me the best I have found is the A&D oitment. Easy to put on, Moms seen to leave it alone, lasts all day/all night (for the first 2wks I put it on twice a day)....

• Soooooooooooooooooooo cute. That's all there is to say! Oh and maybe Happy Holidays! 😉

• Thanks for the info on the problem. As I said I have never heard it mentioned, so I wasnt sure what it was… Does it seem to affect different colours more or less often, for those that have experienced it ??? Does anyone know what causes it ??? Does it affect the ability to be shown, for those pups that have had it happen, that have ended up in the show ring ??? Is it a hereditry problem ???

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to learn ⭕o

• I have been putting it on since birth, but maybe next time I'll change the ointment. This is a really heavy cream. Sugar's litter last year had it and I used dish soap without any problems. Oh well, next time I'll go back to the dish soap as this didn't seem to do the trick. Thanks for the info Pat and Lisa, it always helps to have a different perspective.

I don't think it's hereditary. Sugar (totally different line) also had reds and a tri, they all got the 'cradle cap' thing, but when I started using the dish soap it went away. I don't think it should affect the ability to show, unless they lose all the white and even then, there isn't a disqualification for that and I don't know if it's even considered a fault really. Depends on how much white is on the tail tip. If you even have a few hairs, it's okay.

• I don't believe it is hereditary either… it just seems to happen... while I have only had reds and Tris, it was an all red litter that I first had the problem with.... And as Arlene said, you only need a few white hairs which is exactly what our Tego wound up with... and he finished easily....

• how cute !!! love the names too 🙂

• Okay, updated pics, not the best, but these are little rugrats that don't seem to stop moving when they are awake. I tackled them for nail clipping yesterday and Johnny left me no doubt that he was not impressed with the whole process. Just started feeding them pablum on Tues with adding ground up dog food to the pablum on Thurs. Damisi still feeds them most of the time. So at 5.5 weeks, they are just starting to be weaned.
    attachment_p_99355_0_tri-5.5wks.jpg
    attachment_p_99355_1_bart-5.5-wks.jpg
    attachment_p_99355_2_magic-5.5-wks.jpg
    attachment_p_99355_3_johnny-5.5-wks.jpg
    attachment_p_99355_4_group1.jpg
    attachment_p_99355_5_group.jpg

• Beautiful blacks and tri :).
    I like they have a little of white 🆒.

• They are coming along nicely Arlene 🙂

• Great looking Pups

• Here is a post to a video of them playing with a cat ball with a bell in it. After this video the Tri kept stealing it and running away.

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg329/shadow_brat/?action=view¤t=SDC12037.flv

• I can imagine that… :D. These little devils are really funny :).

• Too cute. They look like they were have a great time.

• Houston

How cute, they were enjoying that ball big time..

• Here is link to the boxer trying to play with the puppies.

• Cute, cute, cute….. way too cute!!! Love the puppy sounds 😃

• OMG…too cute. I love the adult basenjis in the background being nosey about what is going on. Too funny! :D:D

• Houston

Very cute..I love the little boxer tail..so happy..such sweet puppy sounds.
    Yes the two adult b's coming around the corner is funny, nothing usually gets by Otis, he is very curious and has to check everything out, just like that..

• Boxers are so funny. They don't wag their tail. They wag their whole rear end hehe.

Suggested Topics