• Hi! My name is Elena and I've had Senji since he was 5 1/2. He's 11 now. He originally belonged to my brother and his wife, who got him shortly after they were married. His wife named him Senji…real original, huh? After they had their first child, he became somewhat jealous of her. After the second child, he wasn't as jealous, but they really weren't paying enough attention to him and he started to get very frustrated and destructive. They used to keep him tied outside on a long leash, where some of the local boys would "torment" him. To this day, he growls whenever he encounters teenage boys. Now that he lives with me, he's SO spoiled! He knows that he'll get his "walkies" several times a day, and my mom and dad dote on him too. They watch him when I'm working. He's hardly ever destructive in the house, but will shread paper if he's frustrated. He has a way of "sneezing" when he wants my attention. If I ignore him, he sort of yawns. He also has a great "baroo", especially when I come home from work. You'll have to excuse me for becoming an elitist, but I don't think I'll ever be capable of having any other breed of dog.

• My girl Sahara is also my first B, and I understand exactly how you feel about your Senji and the breed. They just sort of spoil us of any other breed, they are the BEST!!!!! The most loving, affectionate dog I have ever owned.

• Welcome Elena from Central PA. What a nice story and it sounds as if Senji has found a loving home with plenty of attention.

Welcome to the forum, post some pics of your B, enjoy the fun.:)

• Welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum…I'm sure you'll have a lot to contribute too!

• @elena86:

You'll have to excuse me for becoming an elitist, but I don't think I'll ever be capable of having any other breed of dog.

Welcome, Elena. Sure you wouldn't want an Irish Wolfhound? 😃

Suggested Topics