• Houston

The last few days have been very nice and cool here in Houston. Fall has finally arrived and the squirrels are abundant…
    Otis is sitting/standing at this tree all day long waiting for the squirrels to jump from the chicken coop to this tree, and then hopefully come down and run across the yard.....
    He has yet to catch one, but the boy is waiting hard on that day..it will come

He can see it, it is getting closer, doing that chatter Otis so very much hates..

Oops…the squirrel jumped onto the fence instead..miscalculation on his part..

The other boys are disturbing the squirrel hunting peace in the backyard, Otis was not happy, snarked a few times and moved back to his tree..

This is what he looks like now..it has been a hard day of nothings…Tomorrow is a new day for hunting..

• Love that last photo…Handsome Otis...:D

• Poor Otis, it's kinda like fishing. Some days they bite and some days nothing. That last pic says it all. The squirrels are all over the place here all year long. I have a bird feeder on the side of the house along the driveway and they come to see if any anything good has dropped to the ground. Buddy watches from a chair in the living room. When I take him for a walk we go out the garage and he'll real slowly peek around the corner to see if any are there to do a surprise attack. Some have just about lost their little lives within inches.

• They sure love squirrels. I have to calm them down for half hour every time they see a squirrel.

• Houston

We used to have our little westie Bogus, he was a pro squirrel hunter and stubborn as all getout..we used to leave feed for the squirrels in the winter (if you can call what we have here in Houston winter, but oh well, the thought was nice), corn, dried whole corn kernels..well Bogus loved that corn and would eat it with gusto..we had to stop feeding the squirrels because he ate so much of it he couldn't/wouldn't walk with out farting with every step he took..like bullets in his gut..it was too funny, we sure laughed a lot about it, still do when we reminisce about Bogus and his funny little ways..

The best part about Otis and squirrel hunting..he doesn't say a peep, no barking, no barooing no nothing..so a very quiet sport..

• @Basenjimamma:

he ate so much of it he couldn't/wouldn't walk with out farting with every step he took..

That's hilarious!:D:D:D

• @Basenjimamma:

The best part about Otis and squirrel hunting..he doesn't say a peep, no barking, no barooing no nothing..so a very quiet sport..

That's why they are such great hunters. Quick and silent. No one ever sees it coming. 😃

• He sure is handsome. I love his coloring!

• Beautiful pictures.. Otis is very handsome!

• Houston

Well thanks all. we sure love him, he is a sweetheart and is getting sweeter, more loving as the days goes by.
    I think getting Moses (the podengo) has made Otis realize he is not the only one, he always thought of himself as #1 even though he is our dog #3…
    He is my #1 and he knows that...I am a sucker..

• @Basenjimamma:

Well thanks all. we sure love him, he is a sweetheart and is getting sweeter, more loving as the days goes by.
    I think getting Moses (the podengo) has made Otis realize he is not the only one, he always thought of himself as #1 even though he is our dog #3…
    He is my #1 and he knows that...I am a sucker..

I think all Basenji owners are when it comes to basenji's.. haha 😃

• Great pictures. Our fur-kids are so much fun.

Suggested Topics