Zoni at the Chicagoland Hound Show

• Way to go!! Congrats! 🙂

• Congratulations!!

• that's wonderful news - congrats

• Thanks everyone! I was starting to get a little discouraged over the last couple of months. But that's the way it goes, you win a lot less than you loose. At least it's still fun.

• Nemo-
    try not to take anything in the conformation ring too seriously. it is, after all, just one person's opinion.

• @agilebasenji:

Nemo-
    try not to take anything in the conformation ring too seriously. it is, after all, just one person's opinion.

True…or outside the ring either. :rolleyes: For me, getting to know all of the other basenji people is the best part so far, so losing isn't too bad...most of the time. :p But usually that means one of my other friends dog has won, which is pretty fun too.

• Zoni is such a pretty girl, and you look like such a natural out there, it is really cool to watch you two.

-Nicole

• @nkjvcjs:

Zoni is such a pretty girl, and you look like such a natural out there, it is really cool to watch you two.

-Nicole

Thanks, Nicole. :o You happened to see us on a really good weekend. You should have seen me at the previous show a few weeks ago…that was a mess, lol.

• Yea, sometimes conformation is a bummer. I know I've been outhandled several times (or out-something else). It's kind of funny when total strangers watching ringside (yes more than one, more than one occasion) come up to you and ask why your dog didn't win. <shrug>I don't know. I will say Zest can smooze a crowd like a crooked politician. Anyway, some of that is why I like agility so much. If we do everything like we are supposed to do, in the time allowed, we qualify. The bar stays up, or it doesn't; do the contacts like we trained, and the judge doesn't have to think about if we got it or not. If something goes amiss, I know what to work on when I get home. I like that straight-forwardness.</shrug>

• Congratulations and good luck for the future!

I know what you mean about getting a little discouraged. We have been there also!

Steve.

Suggested Topics