Skip to content

Won't eat out of a bowl. Any ideas?

Basenji Feeding

Suggested Topics

  • Kibble 'pre-mix' ingredients

    Basenji Feeding
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    13k Views
    curlytailsC
    This was the answer from The Honest Kitchen, via their Facebook page: Me: _This article came up in a discussion on one of my dog forums: (link) It was pointed out that the Honest Kitchen appears to use a pre-mix, given the list of minerals and additives at the end of your ingredients lists. I know you have a very thorough list on your website about the countries from where you source your ingredients, but I was wondering if you could respond directly to the concerns raised in this article about mineral and additive sources?_ Their answer: Great question! We have an affidavit from our premix supplier that ALL the components are from European and North American Sources with the exception of one, which is from Israel. The components are blended right here in the USA. As with every ingredient in our diets, no part of our premix is derived from or has even been near to, China.
  • Not Eating

    Basenji Feeding
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    nobarkusN
    For now try feeding cooked chicken and white rice.
  • Lenny won't eat! Why?

    Basenji Feeding
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    11k Views
    Tayda_LennyT
    He seems to be getting a little better… I am trying to keep him hydrated and have been feeding him baby food, which he has, for the most part, kept down. He has been peeing multiple times a day and actually pooped this morning which was a breakthrough, but nothing came out that seemed problematic. He is not as active as he normally is, but he does still have a little pep. Hopefully when I get home he will excrete whatever is clogging up his system. The last time this happened, the doc took about 12 x-rays but could not really conclude anything from them. So I ended up paying about $1700 to just let him pass it on his own. They did give him an IV, which I think helped, but I didn't figure out what was going on until he was already dehydrated last time. I think since he is keeping down the water/food I give him and is consistantly peeing thats a good sign. If he starts to act more lethargic, or starts to vomit what i give him, I"ll take him in....
  • Not eating in the morning

    Basenji Feeding
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Wonderful…he didn't wake up with a tummy hurting! Good job.
  • Food mixup, now Sophie won't eat!

    Basenji Feeding
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    MaxBooBooBearM
    If I ever switch food for any reason–it's gradual. When a food is switched quickly, it can cause stomach upset, loose stools, etc.....I would get her regular food back.
  • She won't eat…

    Basenji Feeding
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    Tayda_LennyT
    I feed Tayda in her crate, because if i don't she will pick up a few pieces of food, carry it to the carpet and eat it there. Also it keeps Lenny away from her food. Usually when he's done eating, he'll wander over to the crate and wait around like a vulture. ha ha. However, I did notice Tayda's eating habits changed a lot once Lenny was around. She used to not eat much, maybe once a day, and she would never finish her food. Even now, I feed them both at the same time and Lenny will gobble up his food, and Tayda will just sit around. Once Lenny is done and is wandering over for Taydas food, she gets up and starts eating. It really seems like she only eats so that he doesn't get her food.