• Who did you get first? I think Bailey just loves you so much she never had a life before you and anybody fights for there love and home and first place if it need be.

I am so happy that I meet you as I know you are kind and gentle lady and will do what ever it takes and the right thing for all of you.

I do have to say this when our children act ugly or bad we do not give up and the road maybe long and hard to get things right but never give up.

With that having been said I also know that I am not one living everyday with the dogs that you are. Things always look easier on the other side of the street.

Rita Jean

• You said the fox was on the property at the time of the fight. What exactly happened? If it was a case of redirected aggression, Bailey may truly not understand what was wrong. She could have lashed out at whoever was nearest to her in frustration about the fox without really being aware of who she was attacking.

I know you said that there are not many trainers in your area but you may want to see if you can find a behaviorist. Someone who can observe Bailey and help you to develop a plan for working with her.

• I think you said that the dogs watch the fox from a porch in the evenings?
    Just a question do you think maybe if is is the fox you could keep Bailey inside were she does not see the fox in the evening and see what happens.

Rita Jean

• First, I would call the local department that humanely traps and relocates wild animals and get that fox out of your yard.

Second, it was recommended to me that after a spat or fight, separate the dogs, give them time to calm down and then give them a bath. No kidding!!

I can't remember the specifics but in theory it was removing the residual scent of excessive hormones and adrenaline secreted in a high state of agitation through the skin and various glands. The scent removal may be a temporary fix, but the reintroduction of the pack into a passive scent environment may just speed along the pack recovery process.

Can't hurt to try. BTW…I just always assumed my two were so pissed off at me for giving them a bath, that they forgot to be angry with each other:D Whatever the reason, it DID work for me.

• Yes I want everone on here to know yes Vicki is this chatty in person. Vicki also is very kind and gentle and funny lady. I think her heart is as big as those mountains. Thank you Vicki. I am so happy happy for you that things are getting better each day. Life is good some days.

Rita Jean

• Is Bailey the one that lived on the street's?

If so my feelings on door would be just what you said door shut I am out gone. Like a little kid your our of my sight and door shut no no let me in.

Rita Jean

• Houston

Poor girl. To me it sounds like she is so insecure in her own body, and doesn't know how to handle, it, so she uses anger, fear and contentment in a mixed jumble to make it through her day and life. I think if teh clicker training is working, which it sounds lie it is, great , keep it up, make it fun and most importantly, make her feel as if she has a job in your pack..she will not be moved/dumped again..she is important, but she has to learn to "work" under the same rules the rest of the pack works. In other words, make her to thetraining and work for it..she will thank you in the long run. Dogs, most dogs, like/thrive to be counted on, or reliad on, in my opinion.

• Well Bailey did not really have it much better a tool shed were the DOOR GOT SHUT. Bailey I am sure hates sheds, doors, backyards without someone being there. Like looking into her past and she really does not want to go back there for sure.

Until you got Bailey she may have never ever seen or know anyone but two people that kept her in a shed.

Rita Jean

Rita Jean

• Houston

Vicki, I just wanted to see how things are with Bailey. Hope she is improving, even if ever so slowly..

• Me to how are you and Bailey the rest of baby's?

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics