Skip to content

OFFA site question

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • A Question About Yodels

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    24k Views
    S
    The only sounds I can consistently coax out of Jake are the ones where he sounds possessed. Step 1: Flip him on his back Step 2: Tickle/Rub his spine area Step 3: Wait for the demons He'll make other noises when he feels like it but I haven't figured out the "triggers" yet.
  • Question on pigment ???

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    10k Views
    tanzaT
    Not Robin, however if over all he is a good, well put together, good temperment dog, with light pigment, I would used the dog provided that you have a bitch that compliments him. Of course would be great to see stacked pictures of him.
  • Questions about roundworms

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    9k Views
    P
    Who would have thought that worms were so interesting. My farm vet insists that dogs be wormed monthly but mine are on a weekly homeopathic wormer. I'm so pleased that Nahla has got rid of hers. And i accept what others have said about the possibility of a pup womitting up a worming tablet.
  • Question of passing out

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    9k Views
    tanzaT
    I think that in the future that it would be important to get a blood sample when or just after she is having the episode…. if it was a plant, critter bite... by now the toxic substance would most likely be gone.
  • Questions

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    @agilebasenji: I have a friend who has a nonbasenji dog that was just diagnosed with Fanconi. They (owner and vet) started the dog on the Gonto's protocal. (yea!) I know there is a Fanconi list, but did not know if it was open to just Fanconi affected basenjis or if other breeds were welcome. Also, is it a yahoo group? thanks It is a yahoo group and it is open to anyone with a Fanconi affected dog, or so I have been told.
  • Neuter question

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    MacPackM
    Tea tree oil is great, it smells so strong that mine won't get their faces near it! Anne in Tampa