• being a frequent dog park person, I would say leave the treats at home. I'm not sure about the parks in your area but it always causes a problem and is normally posted on the rule's bored. I know its frustrating when people bring treats thank goodness down here in my area its rare. I remember one time I was in the bay area CA and a man brought a big raw hide bone!
    As for the growling, I would say keep moving while you are at the park or you could hang out in the area's that are less crowded like the back corner. Try going to the park during the slow hours of the day when she will not be overwhelmed. It also depends how long she has been going to the dog park. The more often you go the more confident you will both be. It takes time but well worth it. Good Luck

• The treat issues haven't been too horrible. Most of the time the people who bring them quickly learn the downside of it and don't do it again. 🙂

She's been doing a lot better, and I've been determining when it's okay to discipline and when not. If she's doing a "give me space" where three or four dogs are sniffing her at once, I hold back, but occasionally she's gone after just one dog and I put her down for that. Next thing you know she's just playing with the dog, chasing or whatever. So it seems to be working.

She's gotten a lot better at coming on command as well, even from across the park. It's tough to break that ADD that most 'Senji's have :), but of late she's gotten really good at breaking away from what she's doing if I call her.

Who knows…we may make a dog out of this "cat-dog" yet! 🙂

Suggested Topics