• <_>

I completely understand. We often have my in-laws over for the holiday (just one day) and they usually bring their dogs. We just put our dogs in a secluded room because it is just too difficult to try to manage continuously. It spoils the fun of the get together, and it just isn't worth it to us.

If I were in your situation, I would not hesitate to board Apolo. It won't be as nice as the accomodations at your home, but I think everyone will have more peace.

Hugs, and kudos for even giving it a try :)_

• Is it possible to keep Apolo at his own home & you can house sit for a while…taking out for walks & feeding & then keeping him in a room in his own home??? This way he doesn't feel stressed out at a boarding place.

Just a thought.

• Thanks everyone. I am so very appreciative of your advice. Housesitting is a great idea, but not an option for me as I have 5 teenagers and a husband to "watch". I tried Apolo in his home for the day and when I picked him up at night (I just couldn't leave him there by himself overnight) he went bonkers from being alone all day. I took him to a kennel out in the country as the accomodations at his vet would have meant that he had to be crated all the time which IMO is especially not an option for a big dog!! I worry about Apolo stressing out and have called the kennel to see how he is doing. I will visit as well. I'm really not certain that the kennel would let me know if he was stressing. I don't really know as this is the first time I had to use one. I think I will start another thread on what to look for in a kennel. Once again, learning on the fly!!! I am doing my best and asking as many questions as I can. I also think I may start a thread on how Bs react to Bordatella (I always say, Bortadella, isn't that sausage :D) since I know someday I will have to take Joey to a kennel. I am also going to look at kennels now so that I can choose the best one. So far I have been fortunate and the breeder has been able to board Joey. I think it's like going to Disney World for him!!! He isn't all wigged out to see me when I pick him up!

Suggested Topics