Anyone tips for a bad eating podenco?

• Our rescue Ibizan, won't eat fine..

Here they get fresh meat, Buana has an allergie for dry food.

But our Hailey, she did not get her food well at the old owners..
    normal food, was usually out of date and too little, but she got so much "human" food like pizza, fries, etc..

At our place, the dogs get dogfood 🙂
    Hailey is testing us so badly these days, she won't eat…
    At the first weeks she gained almost three kiloos, and when she got to the right weight, she start to protest. She did not eat her own food, but tried to steel our food (even from our cat)
    Buana is also a bad eater and were used to wait till they start to eat there own food again. (she liked it very much)

But Hailey is different, she was used to eat weird things, was very stressed out, had not a good time and very stressfull owners...
    Now, at our place, she has stability, a routine and a loving family..
    Ibizians, are so smart and she is trying to find our edge.

Now, she lost some weight, gladly her muscles stayed. and I have her eat 4 burgers of fresh food.
    In the morning 2 and in the evening also, she only eats when it had been in the microwave .
    But.. she needs at least 6 or 7 burgers...
    This afternoon I gave her again two burgers (so she eats 6 a day) but she really won't eat...

I hope someone has a few tips, for us...

• Maybe you can put something in it for some extra taste? (jus ofzo?) Or more feeding moments p day. Have you asked Marianne? (breeder..)
    You give them Carnibest? Maybe you can try another taste?

• It may not be so much that she wants "your food" as she wants cooked food because she is not used to raw. My mom has 3 basenjis, 2 prefer raw and 1 will only pick at it. He doesn't seem to like the texture and feel of it. One of the two who prefer raw will barely eat if offered kibble or canned. All of them will eat a homemade cooked diet though.

• @Janneke:

Maybe you can put something in it for some extra taste? (jus ofzo?) Or more feeding moments p day. Have you asked Marianne? (breeder..)
    You give them Carnibest? Maybe you can try another taste?

Carnibest, she really don't want… hihihihi
    Marianne, says it's because of the age, (1,5 years)

• @lvoss:

It may not be so much that she wants "your food" as she wants cooked food because she is not used to raw. My mom has 3 basenjis, 2 prefer raw and 1 will only pick at it. He doesn't seem to like the texture and feel of it. One of the two who prefer raw will barely eat if offered kibble or canned. All of them will eat a homemade cooked diet though.

that's maybe an Idea!
    but raw chickenbones, and al kind of raw snacks from pure meat (chicken, lamb, beef etc) she eats in a few second!

Suggested Topics