The Cost of Raising A Litter

• Some people just don't get it. I just had my 2 in for their annual visit and my total cost was $420.00 and I thought I got off easy. The cost alone of Ivermectin is astonishing.

• I can only hope the person posting you have to take them to the vet was just teasing.
    Otherwise, its very sad indeed!

• @sharronhurlbut:

I can only hope the person posting you have to take them to the vet was just teasing.

I doubt that Sharron…. it is a common question that I have heard... people seem to think that birthing pups is natural... and you never had problems...

• Oh, Pat, that breaks my heart!
    Those poor girl dogs….

• @sharronhurlbut:

I can only hope the person posting you have to take them to the vet was just teasing.

She was very serious. She knew nothing about health testing, had never considered that you should get pre-natal care. She also didn't think about the after birth check up for mom and pups. I don't know how she thought shots were given. It just never occured to her that vets were involved.

• And that is a problem we all have seen… "pre-natal" care???? That is required??????

• It breaks my heart they don't tend to these pg girls…
    Hopefully, this info above will give them a clue.
    I do so hope they listen.

• I asked on another post but i think these is the right..

Every time that a pair of dogs will be bread need to be tested for fanconi, hips, eyes and so on? i was thinking that just one time on the life of the dogs.

So i see the chart and im wondering why fanconi need to be test every time.. and hips and so on. thanks in advice

• The parents must be both be tested but Fanconi and Hips are tested once in a dog's lifetime. Thyroid and Eyes are tested throughout the dog's life.

• I was reading that only bread a bitch about 3 times, what happens then with that dogs? are resell, or keep all of them?

Suggested Topics