• Just wondering how many people here have/had a Mata Hauri Basenji? Do they all have such good temperments. Indi is great with kids, dogs, and adapts well to any situation. He is relaxed (for a 😎 and will let you do just about anything to him.

Hoping I am not the only lucky one!!!

• @rnasto:

Just wondering how many people here have/had a Mata Hauri Basenji? Do they all have such good temperments. Indi is great with kids, dogs, and adapts well to any situation. He is relaxed (for a 😎 and will let you do just about anything to him.

Hoping I am not the only lucky one!!!

Good temperaments is what a responsible breeder strives for… that and health....

• My tri Caddie was from them, and she was a joy for 15 years. Great with people, and very good about me taking food away (she loved dirty roadside paper!). Not great with other dogs, but we had two b's, and the other was very aggressive (from a back yard breeder– we dodn't know better then)so she didn't get many chances to socialize. She did have some medical issues, cataracts and seizures as she aged.

Kris

• I got my girl, in 2006, from Debbi Hauri, at a Boston show. This brindle girl, is the sweetest,most loving, gentle animal in my household. I also have 2 other Zenjis, and they are also sweet…but my Mata Hauri girl, Zaharah, is the best temperment Basenji ever!! Consider yourself honored to have one of Debbie's dogs.., as I am honored to have this wonderful show girl. Janice

• I got Zaharah from Debbie in 2006. She is the sweetest, kindest Basenji ever!! I am showing her now, a bit late, but she is doing some nice winning now, and although I have 2 others from different breeders, my B's have great temperments. I consider myself honored, to have one of the Mata Hauri exceptional wonderful Basenjis. Janice M

• I got Sonny from Debbie is 2007. It's been such a crazy,wonderful wild ride with him. He couldn't be more sweet, loving & cuddley but he also has a big personality! 😉 He loves all people but doesn't have the patience for toddlers. Sonny loves playing with other dogs but decided he didn't want another b living with him! :eek: So he's my forever bachelor. He's so much fun and makes me laugh every day. I couldn't imagine life without my nutty B! 😃

• I know, that Debbie breeds for health, and good temperment. You couldn't ask for a nicer lady, or a sweeter Baseji. My applaud to the Mata Hauri line!!!And, aren't these wonderful dogs, lucky, to have owners like us??? There is some 30+ homeless Basenis rescued from abuse here in Florida, some adults some puppies…My heart cries out, for loving homes, such as yours and mine. I moved to FL from Connecticut, and my B's have adjusted so well because of careful breeders, like Debbie. Janice

• We love Debbie. Zelda came from her, and our first basenji, Curie, came from her lines and mentees.

We will be bringing Zelda to see her on Sunday, in fact.

• Please tell Debbie we are still waiting for the major win pic for Zaharah, these Florida photographers are slower than dirt. Nothing like the Ashbey brothers! I just love my girl, and can't wait for her to finish! Janice

Suggested Topics