• Hi all,
    I thought I'd clue you in on my day yesterday. I'll try and be brief, but it's kind of long…It all started when my husband woke me up at 6:30 a.m. to get our daughter ready for school (it was also her 7th birthday). He said, "Honey, it's 6:30 a.m. and I got sprayed in the face by a skunk!"
    I jumped out of bed, now smelling him - if it's never happened to you, you think that fresh roadkill skunk smells bad - well, that pales in comparison!! OMG I almost gagged :eek: when I got downstairs to the main floor of the house! Anyway, the long and short of it was that the skunk managed to get into the garbage can and when Dwight went to throw a bag of garbage into the can and close the lids, he felt something squirt onto his face. He thought it was some liquid from the garbage bag, so he went into the walkout basement! He then realized that it was a skunk and hears Nala outside trying to "get" at something...he slammed the door, nice guy that he is, leaving her to fend for herself. He then proceeded to take off his coat and hat and shoes and go up to the main floor of the house and then upstairs to our bedroom. (If you are keeping socre, he now has successfully stunk up the ENTIRE house) In any event, poor little Nala is scratching at the screen to come in and I'm feeling awful that I can't let her in on such a cold morning (low 30's) because I know she is skunked too. Dwight showered and we got Natalie off to school (smelling slightly of skunk, I might add) with a plate of cookies to share for her special day. We bathed both my husband and pup 3 times with a mixture (you can find it online) of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and orange Dawn dish soap. The house smells awful, the front porch and under the deck are still horrible, the basement is the next worst. We've managed to deodorize (so we can stand it) the 2 main floors. As bad as it sounds, we managed to laugh so hard we were crying:) ! I hope that this never happens to anyone else, so watch out for those "black and white kitties" folks!

• Ohhh mg! That is a 7th birthday you'll never forget . . . I have a fear of the smelly critters anyway. :eek: Sometimes I can smell them from my closed garage. I'm afraid to open the garage door to go to work in case one is surprised and squirts my car - phewy! I sure hope things smell sweeter soon. Thanks for sharing your extreme story here. It can happen to anyone, anytime. So sorry you guys had all the extra work on your daughters special day. Hopefully, she had a happy birthday - not too bothered with all the cleaning details. Thank God there is Mom and Dad!! 🙂

• Thanks for the kind words, Jill! Natalie had a fun birthday, she's a trooper! She has a great sense of humor, so like you said "it's a birthday she'll never forget"! All is less smelly today, thank goodness!
    Sharon

Suggested Topics