I have some stalking to do…

• I am so excited! After searching and searching and searching with no luck for other basenji owners in my area, I may have found a lead! I live in Kiel, WI but work in Sheboygan, WI, which is also my hometown where the rest of my family still lives. The cities are about 20 miles apart. My sister called me yesterday, all excited saying she was going to the YMCA and saw someone walking a dog exactly like Tosca! I asked her if she was SURE it was a basenji, and she said yes, she looked just like her! I said "well you gotta go stop them and say hi and ask about his basenji!" Well, she was too shy and wouldn't do it, but she said she saw him again today. Once school starts back up and I go back to work, I am definitely going to have to stake out the area after school, since the place she saw him is just a couple of blocks away! Yeah, I will feel weird just going up and talking to him, and maybe I am weird, but as you all know basenji owners are one of a kind, and I know I get super excited whenever anyone recognizes Tosca as a basenji and asks me about her…he will probably be the same way, right? LOL, if not I will make a fool out of myself to a complete stranger...oh well. Wish me luck in my stalking adventures...I will let you know if I manage to find him!

This would be really cool...the only other basenji owners in my area I have been able to find were almost 45 min away...we did a meet up one day and unfortuately their b's did not like Tosca so we had to keep them separated...it was still fun talking to another basenji owner though, and it was the only time I ever saw another basenji in person!

• Thank God somebody else is as crazy as I am (okay somebody other than MauiGirl).
    MauiGirl & I recently went to a park we had never been to before… several people recognized our dogs as basenjis & said there are several regulars at the park who have basenjis. We've been plotting ways to run in to these basenji owners despite the park being 20 minutes away & our schedules being what they are.

• That is funny…the things we will do to speak to another one of our kind! I have also tried NUMEROUS internet searches, hoping to find something, but no luck. I even contacted the Basenji Club of SE Wisconsin, but that is pretty far away, and the only person they knew of in my area was the person I met up with already, 45 min away! I might have to go into Sheboygan before school even starts, I don't know if I can wait another 3 weeks, he might change his schedule by then, lol!

• Haha.. Your not the only one who's crazy..

My mom called me when I just had Mirtillo. She DEFINITLY saw someone who had the same dog! I didn't believe it, but she said.. I'll prove it.. we'll bring a visit, I know where the owner lives.. Haha.. so.. we brought the owner a visit.. and.. haha.. it was a SHIBA!! 😃 😃

• Janneke-

My mom had the same thing happen. She met someone at a workshop and they ended up talking about dogs. Mom was telling this other person about my basenjis, other woman said it sounded like the dog next door. Mom ended up seeing the dog and mom told me "It looked like a basenji, but it was all HAIRY."

• @agilebasenji:

Janneke-

My mom had the same thing happen. She met someone at a workshop and they ended up talking about dogs. Mom was telling this other person about my basenjis, other woman said it sounded like the dog next door. Mom ended up seeing the dog and mom told me "It looked like a basenji, but it was all HAIRY."

😃

I showed pictures of Shibas, because I thought it would be pretty weird that there was another b just 5 km from our home.. She said it was a b.. :rolleyes:

Suggested Topics