Be sure to check your collars and leashes

• I can't tell you the horror stories I hear about dogs and tie outs.
    Anywhere from the dog getting off and getting hit, to the dog getting a limb tied up in the cord and losing the blood flow in the leg.
    Bad news IMO.
    I would never recommend them.
    Glad your boy came to you.

• @sharronhurlbut:

I can't tell you the horror stories I hear about dogs and tie outs.
    Anywhere from the dog getting off and getting hit, to the dog getting a limb tied up in the cord and losing the blood flow in the leg.
    Bad news IMO.
    I would never recommend them.
    Glad your boy came to you.

And I know of 2 separate people that had dogs jump off something while on a tie out and hang themselves…so I hear you and also would never recommend using one.

• I cannot even count the number or leads I have had to replace, although as Seren Jane has gotten older it is with less frequency I have had to do so. The times I have really have to be aware is when I stop and talk with someone on our walks. She becomes impatient and with one bite broken lead and off down the road.

• Generally, Jack is on his tie out on a nice flat yard, far away from any trees, and I am either outside with him, or watching through the window as I wash dishes. This was just a one time occasion with a retractable leash.

We also tried tying him out with a clothesline, while we sat nearby having a couple of cold ones, and he almost chewed through that as well! 🙂

Suggested Topics