• Well I got Zaire's marker test results back today.
    I can't say I am thrilled to have paid for the results, but I kind of had a feeling.
    She came back Indetermint (Just like mom). Her sire tests as probably clear, so not a big concern. It's strange that her Dam's bloodline keeps turning up Indetermint. But I am glad to have it done with. And at least with testing now I know that her Sires side is clear. 🙂

• Glad to hear that the sire was clear at least.

Maybe there's a strong African presence in the bloodline that has trouble with the testing.

• @etzbseder:

Glad to hear that the sire was clear at least.

Maybe there's a strong African presence in the bloodline that has trouble with the testing.

What would that have to do with anything?😕

• I've seen things online that the Africans have had no signs of PRA, IPSID, or Fanconi, but there must be something out there that changes that, because they ALL have come from Africa over the last 120 years, and if they didn't have a genetic disease when they left africa, to develop it later means the tests we have don't work right on the African Bs. Doesn't it?

• @etzbseder:

Glad to hear that the sire was clear at least.

Yea, she has quite a bit of African in her Dam's bloodline. Her mother and most of her siblings all test indetermint. I was totally prepaired for the indetermint result, as that seems to be the standard test result for alot of her breeders bloodline.

• @LiveWWSD:

Well I got Zaire's marker test results back today.
    I can't say I am thrilled to have paid for the results, but I kind of had a feeling.
    She came back Indetermint (Just like mom). Her sire tests as probably clear, so not a big concern. It's strange that her Dam's bloodline keeps turning up Indetermint. But I am glad to have it done with. And at least with testing now I know that her Sires side is clear. 🙂

And with Indetermint you never have to worry about Fanconi… and if you were going to breed, you would consider her a Carrier until we have a direct test.

• @LiveWWSD:

Yea, she has quite a bit of African in her Dam's bloodline. Her mother and most of her siblings all test indetermint. I was totally prepaired for the indetermint result, as that seems to be the standard test result for alot of her breeders bloodline.

To date none of the Avongara Dogs have had Fanconi and only when crossed with American (include really worldwide Basenjis) has Fanconi cropped up. However there has been ISPID, hips, eye problems with the Avongara imports. Remember that in Africa, there is nature selective breeding for the most part and also remember that you need the gene from both side for Fanconi as it is recessive. If nature selection, could be that if affected they would have died before reproducing.

Suggested Topics