• Awww, happy endigs are the best.

So, that's two happy B's…where are the other 26? :rolleyes:

(Sharron, didn't mean to spell your name wrong in my previous post.)

• That is great news to hear! 🙂

• Don't know about the others, but I am pretty sure they are either rehomed or in wonderful foster homes.

Suzanne Sarlls-Hartwell
    MI

• Yes, your correct, all are placed or in foster homes.
    HOWEVER, if any of you are wanting to add to your homes, this is the info I received from BRAT re these b's.
    Liz wrote.
    There are both m//fe available and a variety of ages but most are 4 or less.

Let me know what the person is wanting and if they have completed a BRAT application.

Thanks!

So, again shameless plug if you want to be considered for one of these young basenjis, please go to
    http://www.basenjirescue.org
    and fill out an on line adoption form.
    Its not first come first serve, but more like a doggie dating service, matching the right home with the right dog.
    Course, they have been vetted, fixed and you will have an evaluation report from the foster home.
    Sorry this is so long, but as you can tell, I want all these b's to find their forever homes, and wanted to share this info with you all.

• Thanks, Sharron, great to hear they have all been placed. It will probably be a couple of months before we're ready to add one more. We'll see who Karen at Medfly has ready, and then check with BRAT as well. What great work all those (and you) folks do with these pups!

• I tried to get my hubby to let me keep Zena and Zora, but he put his foot down and said "fosters only"….I guess that's ok since we'll be helping more than just these 2 girls, but eventually I'll widdle him down for more 'senji's in the pack. 😉

• Medfly does a great job rehoming b's.
    I hope you can find one with them, and if not, BRAT is always a good place to check.
    In my mind, any rescue group you all deal with, well, you help them and save a b.
    Hugs for thinking rescue for your next companion animal.
    Oh, don't forget to contact breeders you like who might have a basenji who didn't work out for show, or they need to retire and get into a forever home.
    There are a lot of lovely b's out there.
    Just do your homework…

• I posted a new thread re 2 of these b's who are having issues in their foster home and need help.
    I will share it with you all.

2- 3 yr old b's need fosters/homes, from pm bust

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a pair of the b's who were taken from the puppymill that closed.
    We really need a smart basenji home to foster and or adopt.
    Sharron
    I imagine they will be open to be moved to any near by states.

Wilma (brindle) and Wanda (red and white), both three years old and from the SD group, are currently being fostered in central LA. They are very afraid of men and not doing well in their current foster home. If anyone in the southern states, TN or AR would be willing and able to foster them both together, please notify me.

I would like to place them in a foster-to-adopt home if available.

If you do not live in the area listed but can help with transportation to your location I will consider moving them out of the area.

If you are traveling through LA and would not mind a couple furry passengers, let me know. They ride well in crates.

Liz Newton, IL/posted by Sharron Hurlbut
    You will need to have a current BRAT ap on file
    http://www.basenjirescue.org

Sharron Hurlbut
    BRAT, basenji rescue
    Evergreen basenji club
    Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue

Suggested Topics