Skip to content

My Basenjis and {a couple of} My kids…

Behavioral Issues

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji and Baby

    Behavioral Issues
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    You need to get a professional to come to your home and observe... and give suggestions
  • Basenji and Grudges

    Behavioral Issues
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    15k Views
    Buddys PalB
    Hey eeeefarm, read that article you shared via link…..very interesting and enlightening! when one reads about spindle cells and the amygdala, one has to consider emotions to some degree in animals across the board! don't know about trees etc....???? 'nother forum ????
  • 0 Votes
    32 Posts
    22k Views
    Buddys PalB
    Wow! this is one of many, many threads that I have responded to and I am very interested in the outcome of Poopydog and the nipping. As I was going through the Thread, I really had to bypass any of the responses of those who enjoy attacking one another. I sure hope this behavior did not thwart our member who really needed help. The majority are replies to one another trying to impart important knowledge or experience to someone who did not ask for it in the first place. Don't try to sound important. Everyone is, just give happy good-hearted advice and let us just not dig into the other who has a different opinion. Just dig, digs, and more digs. Really getting old….........................I know you won't miss me, but this is just too much.................................................................
  • My Basenji training

    Behavioral Issues
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    jys1011J
    WOW!!!..Words to live by!! I commend you for all the effort it sounds like you've put into your dogs. I wish people were more like you…and your mantra should be placed on every B owner's refrigerator door :D :D It's all about knowing your dog & KNOWING their limitations. Respect is key and so is a no tolerance policy. At least that's how it is at our house! :) BTW-I went to a Basenji Fun Match...and A LOT of B's are bitchy snarky little fur balls. Rest assured yours are not the exception. Mine are exactly the same way but we work with them every day on this!
  • Basenji Watchdog

    Behavioral Issues
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    MantisM
    it is just socialization….my australian shepard was that way with men with facial hair because my dad and brother were always clean shaven....
  • Ninjia and kids

    Behavioral Issues
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    4k Views
    No one has replied