• My wife does a lot of crafting, and we're very good about keeping the office door shut (so no chewing on cables or eating sculpting clay).

Last night she gets on the bed and starts making the high-pitched noise she only makes when she's in pain. But she's running around fine and doesn't seem to be in any pain. Closer inspection revealed she'd managed to get a few drops of clear-coat varnish on her and managed to stick her head to her neck! ๐Ÿ™‚

How she got into it, we can't figure out, but it peeled off with no problem and doesn't seem to show any visible signs of damage to her skin or coat. Fortunately it wasn't in a spot she could lick.

Hopefully she'll stay away from Mom's desk now. Yeesh! ๐Ÿ™‚

• @torchsong:

My wife does a lot of crafting, and we're very good about keeping the office door shut (so no chewing on cables or eating sculpting clay).

Last night she gets on the bed and starts making the high-pitched noise she only makes when she's in pain. But she's running around fine and doesn't seem to be in any pain. Closer inspection revealed she'd managed to get a few drops of clear-coat varnish on her and managed to stick her head to her neck! ๐Ÿ™‚

How she got into it, we can't figure out, but it peeled off with no problem and doesn't seem to show any visible signs of damage to her skin or coat. Fortunately it wasn't in a spot she could lick.

Hopefully she'll stay away from Mom's desk now. Yeesh! ๐Ÿ™‚

I can't believe you'd post that story w/no photos. ๐Ÿ˜ž

• Tell me when does a strong-willed Basenji ever learn not to get into something. My B, Sahara would be right back in there, so much to get into..Personally I would have the door locked with a key or latch so she could not get in there again. If she got in there this time and you don't know how she did that, well she did and that's the point. I would be scared to death that next time she won't be so lucky. JMO of course, not to tell you what to do of course, I just don't want you to hear that pain cry again.

• @youngandtired:

Tell me when does a strong-willed Basenji ever learn not to get into something. My B, Sahara would be right back in there, so much to get into..Personally I would have the door locked with a key or latch so she could not get in there again. If she got in there this time and you don't know how she did that, well she did and that's the point. I would be scared to death that next time she won't be so lucky. JMO of course, not to tell you what to do of course, I just don't want you to hear that pain cry again.

More of a whimper and "not sure what's going on" than actual pain. Point well taken, though. She's not much for exploring when we're around (more fun to bug us and get us to play) and when we're not the door's secured. We know she LOVES that room because all the good stuff is in there, so she's not in there unsupervised.

She's training us well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested Topics