Skip to content

Hello from Illinois

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    6
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    P
    I own five basenjis. Two yodel until you have a headache and my female barks. She always did. Short clipped barks. I also researched the breed before getting my first and she is an excellent dog. My third basenji was a handful. Three years later and he has stopped his destructiveness etc. It was a hard three years. Lol. You never know with a basenji. Greatest breed. Loyal, active, funny but some require ALOT of patience.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    19k Views
    ?
    I'm still happy I fond my basenji…
  • Hello hello

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    Oh wow - your sheltie is gorgeous! Will go to the other post to see your new basenji pics.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome to the forum…and congrats on the new addition!
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    dashD
    Welcome, from another Ohioan. We are on the north side of columbus and have 1 r/w boy. We have occasionaly taken him to the Westerville dog park but his behavior has not be great lately. We have cut back. We also help BRAT transport and foster. Great to have more B's in Ohio. I see so few of them in Columbus.
  • Hello From Illinois

    Member Introductions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    12k Views
    J
    She is darling and you are now OWNED by a Basenji!! Mine is a mix (basenji and whippet) and she still does the B500 through the house (furniture is ALWAYS involved). My Hollie only digs after seeing other dogs do it… a learned behavior(?). I agree with the forum members who suggest crating Abby, for her own safety and your piece of mind. Hollie has gotten out of the dog lot where I work about 4 times. She is NEVER outside without me now. I couldn't stand it if something happened to her. Good Luck!!