• Daisy jumps our makeshift fence . . . It blocks Duke from going out in front of the house to intimidate other dog walkers with his barking. I'm afraid Duke will soon jump it too (he could easily do it but somehow knows not to do it) . . . Waaahhhh!!!! :mad: Watching Daisy jump into a glide like she's flying thru the air is amazing. I saw her do it yesterday - I was stunned. I got her back over into the yard and she did it over and over again. I got out the rolled up newspaper! Told her "NO DAISY!" But she did it again! Though the inground fence is out front too, I don't want either of them there when I can't see them. We're going to have to do something else here. Just venting - thanks!

• How high is the fence? Maybe you could raise it?

• http://www.coyoteroller.com/

How about this? It will only work if she touches the fence as she goes over, though…not if she clears it.....

• What a cool idea. I definately need the coyoteroller for Hollie. She has jumped my boss's fence 4 times. She no longer goes outside in that lot unattended.

• @Quercus:

http://www.coyoteroller.com/

How about this? It will only work if she touches the fence as she goes over, though…not if she clears it.....

That is awesome…I'm going to check that out. My Ruby isn't a jumper and is never left alone in her run, but I worry because I hear coyotes in the woods by our house all the time. It's a little unnerving hearing them so close when I take her out right before bed.

• @jenwilson:

What a cool idea. I definately need the coyoteroller for Hollie. She has jumped my boss's fence 4 times. She no longer goes outside in that lot unattended.

I know! Isn't that cool! I am betting it is pretty expensive, though. We don't have any fence jumping/climbing right now (knocking on wood)…but I would definitely try that

• Our breeder use to have to use two baby gates one stacked a top another.

No does not mean much to basenji.

You don't hit them with rolled up newspapers do you?

• @WBL:

How high is the fence? Maybe you could raise it?

:o LOL - It's only 2 feet high. I know, how embarrassed am I? :o But Duke didn't jump it - a 2" x 8" lattice panel laid on it's side across the walkway that leads from the backyard to the front yard. It worked for Duke as it discouraged him from running into the front yard. I was hoping that Daisy would stay with Duke though.

This was my husbands best effort to not muscle in a gate at that point. Ha-ha-ha, now he will because I'm going to the home store and buying all the things necessary, cement, posts, and swinging gate. It was a pain in the $^% moving things over the cheap lattice panel anyway. It's what I wanted there in the first place.

@Quercus:

I've never seen anything like this Coyote Roller! What a great idea. It looks nice too. For now, I like to be out in the yard with the kids anyway. We're stuck with the inground fence.

@Barklessdog:

You don't hit them with rolled up newspapers do you?

No, never! I smack it on my hand for the noise it makes. Both Duke and Daisy know when momma gets that roll in her hands, she's not happy about something. It works for me to get attention from them.

Suggested Topics