Skip to content

Basenji resistant bed sheets

Behavioral Issues
  • Over 30 years of living with Basenjis, I have one that claws through my sheets and shreds my bed padding. Imagine sleeping on bed springs alone.

    I can get new fitted sheets and high-density egg crate foam and solve the problem.

    Both bamboo and Kevlar sheets seem to be resistant to Basenji claws.

    Any opinions?

Suggested Topics

  • Peeing on the bed

    Behavioral Issues
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    17k Views
    S
    A UTI IMO would be the best case scenario, some antibiotics and bam situation resolved. Changing behaviour is a hard thing to do, it takes time and effort. Having your animal checked for medical issues first is what ANY good behaviourist would suggest when there is a signifigant change in the animal. It makes sense. BTW drinking a lot of water would also make me recommend going to the vet first.
  • Basenji Bevhaviorist

    Behavioral Issues
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    NemoN
    You can check out this site. It might help. http://ccpdt.org/rstr/OH.html
  • Sleeping in his own bed…

    Behavioral Issues
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    CongoC
    It took 2 months with COngo to learn how to sleep in his own bed. He was sleeping in the bed with my boyfriend until I came along and I sleep walk so I don't like having dogs in the bed with me. Everytime he would try to get in our bed I just put him in his own bed. It took a lot of patience because he would whine, hit me, cry, howl. It took a lot of sleepless nights but we got there eventually and now he actually prefers his bed. The only time I let him cuddle in the bed is in the mornings when we sleep in on the weekends.
  • My basenji turned on me :(

    Behavioral Issues
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    ldortonL
    Makes sense. Thanks.
  • Basenji Watchdog

    Behavioral Issues
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    MantisM
    it is just socialization….my australian shepard was that way with men with facial hair because my dad and brother were always clean shaven....
  • Same Sex and Basenji to Basenji aggression.

    Behavioral Issues
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    8k Views
    T
    I agree with Catherine, socialization is a must, but it depends on the personality of the individual dog. When we had 4, they all slept on the bed together and ran together and rarely did we have any problems. We added a puppy and things were still going ok, just really crowded. However, one day our youngest girl decided she was all grown up and didn't want to be bossed around anymore by our 'wanna-be' alpha. Neither of them was a true alpha. We managed to defuse the situation, but a month later it happened again. The girls could never be together again. In fact, the tri developed a predjudice against all red girls after that! Both girls were terrific with people and with Basenji males and even with males and females of other breeds. I had 2 intact males, brothers, who stayed together with absolutely no problem for almost 4 years until one went to another home. They even got along during season. Terry