Skip to content

Odd question: Why does the 3rd outside front toe (L and R) angle in on these dogs?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Senior Dog question

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    15k Views
    D
    In my experience, the back leg quivering is normal for older/elderly dogs. I have found that it will get worse as the dog get older. If more neurological symptoms appear or if they are affecting his gait/movement, I suggest taking him to a neurologist for a thorough exam. Jennifer
  • Odd dog sitting experience

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    ibi_n_saneI
    oh yes that is so true!! but the labs that I know are way more hyper then my basenjis :D
  • Question

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    tanzaT
    @saralars: This is off the subject of crate escape… I was told growing up that turkey and chicken bones were very dangerous for dogs. Are Basenjis different in this way too? Or am I missing something... Raw, uncooked bones are fine for any dog, not just Basenjis… it is "cooked" bones that are the problems
  • Dog Sitting Questions

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    L
    Well I had my first Consultation last night with one of the dog sitters. I really liked her. She works part time as a vet tech and part time as a dog sitter. I liked that she has a vet tech degree, and is comfortable with canine first aid/CPR. I would hope that all dog sitters are trained in this, but now I know to ask about it in the future. She walked in and was so surprised to see a Basenji in Oregon (She is originaly from Florida). We had a great hour long consultation. I reallt think she may be the one I go with, but as this is my first time needing a pet sitter I will go through the other two consultations before making up my mind.
  • Dog tag question..

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    12k Views
    Ninabeana26N
    Hm never thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion! :) I actually found a site that does engraved logos on their tags & so I could get a football engraved on the one side with his info on it. We'll see though!
  • 0 Votes
    21 Posts
    14k Views
    BarklessdogB
    Owning a basenji requires a good sense of humor and a large dose of patience and a willingness to do some creative thinking to convince the basenjis what you want is really the same thing as what they want. So true, never a dull moment with these dogs