Treats
  • M

I am preparing to bring home a 9 week old Basenji puppy and am also curious what brands of treats are best recommended for training?

• P

I have been using "Mini Train-Me!" and our basenji LOVES THEM! We have the chicken flavor but their are other flavors as well! you can find it on amazon and Walmart. It is in a yellow package.

• I make my own chicken treats.... get a dehydrator.....

• @pearlypoo said in Treats:

I have been using "Mini Train-Me!" and our basenji LOVES THEM! We have the chicken flavor but their are other flavors as well! you can find it on amazon and Walmart. It is in a yellow package.

While their products are "manufactured" in the US, they are not sourced here. I never give my dogs anything that is not clearly from US, Canada, New Zealand or safe meat producers.

A good hint is that if they don't SAY they are US Sourced, they aren't.

• R

We are bringing home our first Basenji in a few weeks, and found Zuke's treats which is what we'll be using. All natural and US or New Zealand sourced.

• @RufustheB said in Treats:

We are bringing home our first Basenji in a few weeks, and found Zuke's treats which is what we'll be using. All natural and US or New Zealand sourced.

I like Zukes. Also Butler Lean Treats Nutritional Rewards for Dogs (Henry Schein, but actually made by Biljac who says USA source meat).

• Thank y'all for the advice!!!

last edited by Lindsey
  • You can even use things like Cherrios as treats.... low cal, easy to carry around....

• Or you could do something unheard of these days and just reward with praise and enthusiasm! Works quite well with puppies until they start to feel "entitled".

Views