Looking for a new Basenji pup to add to the family!

• @Darlene said in Looking for a new Basenji pup to add to the family!:

I have 5 Basenji puppies that are 9 weeks old,they are brindle,I have 1 female left and 4 males left,they are not regestered,but they are full blooded, they have had their first shots and they will be getting their 2nd shots next Friday,they are fanconi free,the father is registered, he is Brindle, the Mother's are not,one Mother is Tri-color,and the other mother is Red and white,they are sisters, I am selling them for 300.dollars however,I live in Tennessee, but my dogs are beautiful and very healthy! and I always offer anyone their money back ,no questions asked if they are not happy with one of my puppies! even after several months! I would rather do that ,then have one end up in a shelter!

Why are you breeding unregistered dogs. How do you know they are Fanconi free? Do you have DNA testing on the sire and dams? Please, stop being a puppymill. Spay your females, neuter your male and learn to be a responsible dog owner. Spay/neuter your puppies, or take a $300 deposit refundable when proof of spay/neuter, or paid directly to their veterinarian for the procedure.

If you truly want to breed Basenjis, find a mentor, find a dog, show it, learn genetics and lines and testing. There is so much more to health than just fanconi free. As for the females... let me guess... they were bought from a breeder on a NO BREEDING contract, so either they or their parents were bred even though the buyers signed contracts not to do so. Responsibly bred dogs are Fanconi tested, but also generations of other health clearances.

Read this and ask yourself if you are even in the same continent as someone who is a responsible breeder:
    https://www.basenji.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=470

Are you familiar with the common health issues? Can you look a puppy buyer in the eye and tell them about any occurrences in the last several generations (I don't know and I haven't heard of any does not count as answers!)
    https://www.basenji.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=110&Itemid=113

These are the health tests at OFA database. You actually can put in your dogs' registration numbers or those of the last known and start to see if any testing was ever done.
    http://www.caninehealthinfo.org/brdreqs.html?breed=BJ

• I knew I would get a response from someone like you,and I am not a puppy mill,I have had all of my Babies tested,because the very first Basenji I owned died as a result of fanconi syndrome,,
    from a breeder like you!!! one that's all about the money!!! So, before you start running that big mouth of yours you better know who your dealing with! Not that it's any of your business,but ,I did NOT sign a contract when I got my 2 girls MISS KNOW IT ALL!!! the very first thing I did when I got my Babies was send in a cheek swab you idiot!! So until you start paying my vet bills ,I suggest you mind your own business!! some people don't want to use the Basenji for show,some people just want them to love!! In which case ,they do'nt need papers !! DUMBA..!! I suggest if you don't want to buy one of my puppies... JUST MOVE ALONG!!!!

• @Darlene - The point is that if you are breeding purebred dogs, they should be registered. The only way to keep track of bloodlines (good/bad/whatever) is to have the pedigree registered. While for sure some people just want a good family companion, not a show dog. As for myself, 90% of my litters are placed in family homes. I keep ones that I want shown and in a few cases, my puppy people were interested in showing. Cherry on the top of the pie and whipped cream when that happens. And my pups are same price, show or pet... papers are a part of responsible breeding. People are not paying for papers.....

• And my point is this;I know for a fact, you'll sale your puppies to ANYONE who has the money!! you do'nt screen them first!! you have no idea what I go through to be sure these puppies are in good homes and they ARE spay/neutered!! Because you were so quick to judge/accuse!!! Nor did you bother to ASK !!!!!!! and I'm sure the biggest reason is because your afraid somebody might not buy one of yours!!! These are the only 2 unregistered litters I have EVER ( or will ever) have !! I've driven to different states to check people out!! HAVE YOU??!!! probably not !! not as long as they have the $$$$$$ Next time,do'nt be so quick to judge!!!! As I said,I paid top $$$ for a registered Basenji that had Fanconi syndrome,from someone like you!!! I should be the one to judge!!!!! MY HEART WAS BROKEN TO THE POINT< IT NEARLY KILLED ME !!!! NEXT TIME,ASK FIRST!!!

• I don't see the point in breeding and raising a litter of purebreds and not registering them. It's not expensive, and if you're going to be paying for other things associated with responsibly raising a litter anyway, why wouldn't you?
    -Joanne

I knew I would get a response from someone like you,and I am not a puppy mill,I have had all of my Babies tested,because the very first Basenji I owned died as a result of fanconi syndrome,, from a breeder like you!!! one that's all about the money!!!
    Not that it's any of your business,but ,I did NOT sign a contract when I got my 2 girls MISS KNOW IT ALL!!!
    DUMBA..!! I suggest if you don't want to buy one of my puppies... JUST MOVE ALONG!!!!

Well first, I am sure you DID expect responsible people to say something. But no honey, I am not a breeder ... I do rescue. When i did breed (Rotties) 20 yrs ago, my dogs were indeed registered and all health testing. Some of my line are out there at major dog shows including Westminster. But my life moved to rescue... cleaning up after irresponsible breeders.

And yes, you are a puppymill... breeding dogs for a buck, no health testing but Fanconi. Poorly bred dogs because if your bitches came without papers or contracts, their breeders are also puppymill/byb.

The biggest thing you might have to learn is that it IS my business and the business of every real dog lover, responsible owner/breeder and in fact responsible human being to speak up and stop irresponsible breeders. Wohoo, you tested for Fanconi. What about ALL THE OTHER HEALTH ISSUES that you don't even have a clue about in the bloodlines of your pets?

Btw, the low class name calling and silly assumptions that responsible breeders do it for money... please get some anger management help... right after you stop breeding pets.

And my point is this;I know for a fact, you'll sale your puppies to ANYONE who has the money!! you do'nt screen them first!....As I said,I paid top $$$ for a registered Basenji that had Fanconi syndrome,from someone like you!!! I should be the one to judge!!!!! MY HEART WAS BROKEN TO THE POINT< IT NEARLY KILLED ME !!!! NEXT TIME,ASK FIRST!!!<<

You have no idea what she does. People stand in line for her puppies... she isn't worried about the uneducated uninformed people who would even consider your dogs! She is concerned about puppies being bred with the best chance of good health. The fact that you paid a lot of money for a dog without researching info and being sure fanconi tested... okay that happens. But that you then didn't BOTHER to get educated and learn better so you wouldn't do the same thing to others... producing dogs without knowing SQUAT about their genetic health... that is inexcusable. I am sorry you failed to use your broken heart and pain to better use and care enough to not become the same type of breeder.

• @giza1 said in Looking for a new Basenji pup to add to the family!:

I don't see the point in breeding and raising a litter of purebreds and not registering them. It's not expensive, and if you're going to be paying for other things associated with responsibly raising a litter anyway, why wouldn't you?
    -Joanne

Suspect she can't register as she bought the sisters without papers. I'll be surprised if she indeed has registration numbers for the bitches.

• Oh I figured as much....
    -Joanne

• @Darlene Whooa girl...you need to put a saddle on that anger you're spewing out! You don't even know the woman you're talking too! And so quick to be angered at what someone wrote that's the truth? YOU joined this forum strictly for the attempt to sell those puppies! And stop using the story about the one you lost to Fanconi Syndrome & WHY didn't you contact the breeder as soon as you found out that you're dog had Fanconi?? Especially after paying such a price for it! That's one thing that all good, honest breeders are testing for BEFORE they breed any dogs! TESTING for it & not using any dog with Fanconi is the only way to eradicate Fanconi!! You say that you knew you'd run into someone like that when you came on here....so WHY DID YOU COME HERE?? Trying to sell your puppies! Why don't you spend a few bucks & put them in your local Newspaper for sale?? No one here wants your little puppies! And perhaps you should find out WHO you're ranting at before you rant! All that bull you spewed out ~ it only provided spittle on your screen! Take your own advice & JUST MOVE ALONG! Out of the forums here! Taa Taaa!

• You can actually breed a dog who is a carrier to a noncarrier and none of the puppies will have Fanconi. Many breeders do it because eliminating all carriers will decrease our gene pool. Sometimes even affected males are bred to clear females. (Pregnancy can acerbate the condition so breeding an affected female is not, imho, a good humane choice.) I wouldn't hesitate at a carrier... in fact Cara is a carrier. But absolutely breeders who care have all their animals tested before breeding. It is a big concern, but so are many other genetic diseases. Responsible breeders check for them, and they know a lot about what other dogs in the line have or have produced. It's not just throwing 2 dogs together.

• @Darlene
    Was wondering if you have any pups left? We currently have an adult Basenji and are wanting to get her a companion.

• @Darlene Looking for a Basenji pup as a companion to my adult Basenji and was wondering if you have any puppies left?

Suggested Topics