Skip to content

Fun before bed

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Bedding Advice

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    10k Views
    CrazySenjiC
    I gave up on beds in crates long ago. Now I buy thick fleece blankets and they do rip them a bit but they are still useable. My boys are adults though. When they were pups my red boy made a few beds explode. [image: 1472562228370-image.png] These blankets are from Walmart and were recommended by my breeder. $5 for a twin blanket and they are surprisingly comfy. If your girl is eating the beds/blankies as she shreads that's a different issue and I'd be hesitant to use anything.
  • Getting your b out of bed in the morning

    Basenji Talk
    39
    0 Votes
    39 Posts
    22k Views
    ?
    Everyday between 5 and 6am the Basenji alarm clock named Zoe goes off. Some mornings she has a squeaky yawn and then looks surprised when the noise come out.
  • New Basenji Slide Bed

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    eeeefarmE
    I remember when I was a child there were two Great Danes at a store we used to frequent in summer. They were very patient with children, even the ones that tried to ride on their backs! I am sure a Basenji pup is less objectionable than a toddler. :)
  • Fun Dog show

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    MayaM
    Congrats! Cant wait to meet Malaika…!! :D
  • Old toy new fun

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    K
    Yep, he did both and did quite well. And yeah, I would definitely take him to the race meets and let him have a little fun. I have seen quite a few dogs in their teens enjoying a romp on the field. :) I don't know what lure coursing is in your area, but I do know there are races in MN, sounds like they're not too far from you? And race meets are usually a lot more accomodating as far as practices. Have fun Luny!
  • Fun story about toys!

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    ELERICKSON40E
    My husband and I went to a Rays baseball game several weeks ago where he actually caught a foul ball! Well we brought the ball home and he was so proud (never caught a ball before) but guess who has had her eyes on it since it came into the house. You guessed it little Ms. Trixie. He had it showing our kids and she actually jumped up onto his lap and tried to take it. We of course have since went out and bought her (I know spoiled rotten) her own baseball and she loves it!