Skip to content

Good morning! Soon-to-be owner here!

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Good Day To All

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    ?
    Welcome to you and Zoe, I have a red white boy 10 months who can keep me on my toes at times. This is a great place to find information and lot's of knowledgeable Basenji owners willing to help. Any photo's? Jolanda and Kaiser
  • New Basenji Owners!!!

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    R
    Looks like you will have your hands full! The video made me chuckle, especially how quickly it happened and how the pup looked excited to make it to the sofa!
  • Soon-to-be Basenji owner

    Member Introductions
    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    17k Views
    Kenji24K
    @setidog: Kenji is absolutely adorable!!! You are going to have so much fun with him! @Patty: What beautiful puppies- I particulalry love the red/whites (I mustn't let my tri-colour Miggy hear that!!) @crystalncody: Kenji is adorable! Well, they all are! @Arwen: The photos have caused a great deal of oooh and ahhing here at work. I want that little red girl. I love all the colors but am really drawn to the red/whites. :) But no puppies for me. Thanks, we are look forward to our little guy coming home. I'll be putting more pictures up once we get him.
  • Soon to be basenji owner

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    AJs HumanA
    Happy you joined us! Wizard, you are a hoot. Thanks for the smile
  • New Basenji Owner

    Member Introductions
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    9k Views
    T
    I was struck by the fact that your Bernese lived to be 20 years old! Wow! I know they have had concerns with cancer in the breed, and very few of them live that long. How wonderful for you that you got to have her for that long. Terry
  • Good dogs

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    J
    They are both fixed and I have had a behaviorist in who was helpful in many ways. Willie had developed dominance aggression and deffered (I think I spelled that wrong) aggression. His aggression only seemed to surface in response to the way Rosie picked on him - it all sort of snowballed and anytime we went away and left them with someone else (in the house) something big (and bad) would happen. Willie's aggression has really decreased. He's almost his old sweet self - we feel much better about his behavior. Rosie needs some more work as far as he's concerned, but she's a sweetie with us. We'll keep trying and we haven't given up hope yet!