Skip to content

SacGirl found her basenji pair

Member Introductions
  • Hello all. I previously introduced myself as sacgirlinsearchofbasenji. Well, I didn't quite think that username through for future use, so now I will go by SacGirl. I now have two basenji boys. Gizmo is a nine-month-old red and white, and Tebucki is a ten-week-old brindle and white.
    attachment_t_16009_0_img_1199.jpg

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji Mom

    Member Introductions
    7
    7 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    A
    Hi Mom, All of your babies are fantastic
  • Happy to have found you!

    Member Introductions
    14
    2 Votes
    14 Posts
    6k Views
    K
    I love those front paws crossed, so dainty!
  • Basenji mix?

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    M
    Hi there. I would do some DNA testing on him. However, if you go to the Colorado Basenji Rescue website, there is a mix at the bottom of the page. There appears to be some similarities. You could also email Peggy of CBR with your photos and ask her. She has been working with Basenji and Basenji mixes for a long, long time.
  • Basenji in Croatia

    Member Introductions
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    28k Views
    S
    Can't wait to hear how she settles in..
  • My Basenji?

    Member Introductions
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    13k Views
    scarlettsmommaS
    It was actually the vet tech wasn't the most brilliant thing on the planet… needless to say I found another vet the next week and they think she might have some bulldog in her... what a mix. I believe that she definitely could have some bulldog in her judging by the way she lays around the house.
  • Bahamas Basenji

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    Remember however for a full thyroid panel usually isn't done at places that do bloodwork… and also what a Vet would call "low normal" for most dogs, for a Basenji it is Too Low...