• i was wondering what is the reg # for isis's parents after sire/dam name theres along group of letters and numbers ex, hm93658001 lo1-za-dg35467t ,is that whole combination the regs # or part of it thanks

• If the dog is AKC registered, you should be able to find their number by typing in its name at this web site. http://www.pedigrees.zandebasenjis.com/search.html That will show you their whole pedigree too.

• @mustBcrazy:

i was wondering what is the reg # for isis's parents after sire/dam name theres along group of letters and numbers ex, hm93658001 lo1-za-dg35467t ,is that whole combination the regs # or part of it thanks

The number HM93658001 is the AKC registration number. The HM936580 is the litter number and the last two number "01" represents number of puppies in the litter. So all the pups would have the same two letters and first six numbers. Then the last two would be assigned according the number of puppies in the litter. So if there were 4 in the litter, the last two would be 01,02,03,04.

Have no idea what those other number are. I would have to guess that maybe the are for some other registration, there are a number that will register anything… not the rules that have to be followed for AKC. They have nothing to do with AKC. But interesting depending on when Isis's was born because this dog Lc's Ace of Spades was born 12-2000 so if he sired a litter in 2012, he would have been 12. Depending on with the litter was born, he would have had to have DNA testing for the litter to be AKC registered.

Also on Sally's site, none of his offspring are AKC registered?

• The other numbers are from another registry, APRI. Who is the breeder of your dog? I thought Cindy Clausen who used the Lindley Creek kennel name and lives in KS was no longer breeding Basenjis. In early 2011 during a USDA inspection, she had 224 dogs and 39 puppies. Please do not buy from pet stores. The breeding dogs live in kennel buildings or barns and not in the house, are crated 24 hours a day and get little human interaction.

I just looked at some of her breedings and she must really use older Bs as there is a dog that has a dam who was 10 years old when whelped. This dam was bred 7 times and these are just the ones we know about in the pedigree database. The dam's name is Lindley Creek Odessey. These breeders are disgusting as they literally breed dogs to death as I have seen older toy breed dogs at the auctions and some of them are in pitiful shape!

Jennifer

• thanks so much for the shedding some light isis's parents, hard to imagine how people can do this,yeah we got her from a pet shop only cause she was the only one avil we could find at that time,but she was a perfect love from day one no signs of any problems with other people animals etc. never thought of her coming from a puppy mill,seems like theres such tight control of breeding, breeders interviewing the people to make sure they go to a good home etc, never gave it a thought ,in fact we tried to get one from a breeder but got turn because they didnt like us having a recuse dog.someday we plan on getting another one sometime down the road

• I don't understand why a reputable breeder wouldn't sell you a puppy just because you had a rescue dog?

• @mustBcrazy:

thanks so much for the shedding some light isis's parents, hard to imagine how people can do this,yeah we got her from a pet shop only cause she was the only one avil we could find at that time,but she was a perfect love from day one no signs of any problems with other people animals etc. never thought of her coming from a puppy mill,seems like theres such tight control of breeding, breeders interviewing the people to make sure they go to a good home etc, never gave it a thought ,in fact we tried to get one from a breeder but got turn because they didnt like us having a recuse dog.someday we plan on getting another one sometime down the road

Very sad that you came across a breeder that would say something like that and turn down a lovely home for that reason…. very sad indeed.... certainly not a responsible/reputable breeder IMO

• i know it sounds strange,but them we feel things happens for a reason,we cant be any happier with isis,

Suggested Topics