Skip to content

So close to getting a Basenji!

Member Introductions
  • Hello everyone…I am KJ. About to retire from the Fire Department and sooooo looking forward to getting mfirst Basenji! I'm sort of new to this whole forum thing so hang in there with me! Willing to accept ALL advice and info about these lovely dogs! :-)

Suggested Topics

  • Getting a basenji

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    ?
    HI, we don't have many breeders in New Zealand but luckily there was one that had a website which came up when I did a search on the web and was given information about more breeders here. If you do find a breeder please make sure they are a responsible breeder and do all the health testing etc. Lot's of info on this forum regarding this and maybe someone can help further. Good luck with your search. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • Getting my first basenji

    Member Introductions
    33
    0 Votes
    33 Posts
    24k Views
    Q
    What a lovely girl
  • 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    R
    Everyone meet Klassic's Trixie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We drove the 3.5 hours from Pittsburgh to pick up Trixie from Sue (Klassic Basenji's in Marion, OH). It was a very long day with 7 hours of driving to and from, but the ride home was much better than the ride there, except for the part where Trixie peed on my friend that went with me to pick her up! Trixie seems to be adjusting well so far, we are about 50/50 with going potty outside. Trying to learn her body language as to when she needs to go out! She is a stubborn thing on the leash and that will need much work as well! So happy to have her here! She loves our kitty Pinkie, and our miniature pinscher, Zombie. Zombie is more interested in stealing the puppies belonging's and claiming them for her own. [image: attachment_p_163420_0_trixie-1.jpg] [image: attachment_p_163420_1_trixie-2.jpg] [image: attachment_p_163420_2_trixie-and-zombie.jpg]
  • Getting our first basenji soon!

    Member Introductions
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    8k Views
    ElysiumE
    @nkjvcjs: We have a can with a push button that makes the top spring up. We took off the spring so that you have to push the button with one hand and lift the lid with the other. That has worked so far. -Nicole That sounds like a good idea :D We too have the pedal-thing and Zuri always open it with her nose :rolleyes: I keep the doors shut… Welcome to the forum! Your preparations sound great!!! ;) And I'm also looking forward to the pics.
  • We love our basenji

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    AndrewnShangoA
    Congrats on your adoption! You're def. helping the world of lost/abandoned pets…. Tell us more about your new pup!
  • New about to Get a Basenji Puppy of my Own

    Member Introductions
    61
    0 Votes
    61 Posts
    35k Views
    cuttiepie732C
    I understand completely. Thank you so much for your advice. I have a couple weeks… If he is Fanconi clear, or carrier I will be happy. He wont have it... Also the parents pedigree... I will decide soon, but if you guys want I can still send pictures... she has been sending me pics of him getting older... Thanks again you guys.