• Here's two pictures of Savannah's tail. This is her "normal" tail and the second one was when she had a strange bout of "down tail". Her tail went down for about 2-1/2 weeks. I don't know what caused it. Then it went back up again. Thank goodness. We love her little cinna-bun tail.

attachment_p_18397_0_r-s-tail.jpg
    attachment_p_18397_1_r-s-taildown.jpg

• Love the cinnabun look!

Her tail went down for about 2-1/2 weeks. I don't know what caused it. Then it went back up again.

Our red female had the same thing happen, but hers was limp for only about a week. We thought either she was slightly sick or just depressed?

She had no sick symptoms at the time?

• Lexi's Turn… After all, one good turn, deserves another! 🙂

• PS- The first B has THE curliest tail I've ever seen!! SOOO CUTE!

• Someone hates to have her picture taken!

• Regarding Savannah's limp tail, she didn't have any visible symptoms of illness either. Someone told me that if she was cold, her tail could go down and another person said that often show dogs' tails will go down if they are nervous, scared or cold. The night before her tail went limp, she took a sip from my husband's glass of red wine (which was on the floor). The next day her tail was down. Who knows, but maybe that was it.😕

• Someone told me that if she was cold, her tail could go down

I live in Chicago and I can tell you thats just plain wrong!

Ours goes down when she is scared, but not for more than a few minutes.

• It also straightens out when running flat out. She's faster than our male but he has greater endurance and always gets her in the end

• When Savannah is scared, her tail will go limp but its only for a few minutes. So, if it wasn't the cold, then I guess her tail got drunk. 😃

• Lexi's goes down for a number of reasons- she's scared, SUPER relaxed, or not feeling well. It's not always a bad thing though. And theirs always flattens out when they run! So funny! Miles's tail has a kink in it; I'll have to hold him down and take a pic of it… maybe tonight.

Suggested Topics