Does anyone use a cooling/ reflective coat for their Tri, Brindle, or B&W Basenji

• I would think after dark that colour would be irrelevant, but boy, at 100 + F I am the one who isn't going out for very long, never mind the dog needing a cooling coat! It isn't often we get up to or over 100 degrees here, although 90 can feel pretty bad when it's humid. When we are doing hay, I use a cooling neck wrap which certainly does help when you're working in the hay mow and the heat most definitely gets up past 100 degrees! If I had a reason for my dog to be out and exerting himself in those temperatures, I expect I might consider something for him, as long as it wasn't too cumbersome. I had a look at the Chillybuddy cooling jacket and was happy to see it does not rely on remaining damp to work efficiently, but uses reflection. (although it is more effective when wet). That's great! Looks like a good product.

• I have seen homemade terry cloth/towel type of cooling coats that can be easily wet down at lure coursing events.

Jennifer

• actually there was a discussion on the Clean Run groups about cooling coats. I know CR sell several different types and CR is very good about testing what they sell.

Suggested Topics