Skip to content

Hello from the cheese state of Wisconsin

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Hello new basenji owner in Wisconsin

    Member Introductions
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    15k Views
    basenji_fanB
    @jinxed_1980: He doesn't like water… do you think nailing him with a water gun or spray bottle would be too mean? Never had a beggar b4 need help lol 90% of basenjis don't like water LOL and many of us use the spray/squirt bottles as training tools. These are considered non evasive training means and if perfectly harmless means. Best to give a verbal correction first of "AT AT" (yes right now he will ignore you) then squirt with the "AT AT", then he'll figure it out that you can just say the "AT AT" and if he ignores you like mine you should only have to just pick up the squirt bottle and he'll stop the naughty behavior. You can use the squirt bottle for just about any naughty behavior too other than begging, but try not to over use, try to use it more as you re-directive means after he is not working with alternate training techniques
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    btterfly111B
    Thanks Guys! I made a post in the feeding section with Barley's eating behaviors. Everyone has been really helpful. I'm glad I joined!
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    wizardW
    Welcome to our pack! An until you can get the photos loaded, tell us more about yourself and especially Mango. :)
  • Hello, from Wisconsin

    Member Introductions
    24
    0 Votes
    24 Posts
    12k Views
    KitKatK
    Still counting the days until Fri. So we can get are new baby.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    raye_hicksR
    Dave hello, I also am new to this site. I had my frist Basenji for sixteen years and lost her last year. I could only go for about a month before getting my next Basenji. I really love this breed I have two now. Good luck in your search for your next Basenji.
  • Hello

    Member Introductions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    lauralopezL
    Hi Kim, Love your pictures. I saw your Blog too! Thanks for sharing.