Skip to content

Agility Course on Basenji University

Basenji Training

Suggested Topics

  • Is this a basenji thing?

    Basenji Training
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    10k Views
    KipawaK
    Kipawa does this as well, and also prefers to do it with dogs that have a longer coat. I've never had a problem yet, but I do watch carefully. If Kipawa starts going a little overboard, I redirect with a treat, or I will also tell him "time out". Both work for us.
  • Walking Basenji

    Basenji Training
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    10k Views
    mustBcrazyM
    i walk the lab and isis at the same time one on hand and one on the other, the lab seem to have a major drive to sniff out anything and track blindly and of course isis will be doing the same, the b is easier to control cause she lighter but the m1 tank of the lab well.. we've came across little furry friends on our nitely walks i need to stay very focus on my surroundings, one thing the b does if theres someone walking behind us doesnt matter how far , she walk ahead stop and turn to look back, she'll keep doing this repeatedly like she warning me these something there,im sure its instinct on her end to,of course i confirm whats shes doing but yeah those b's dont miss a trick
  • Tallahassee Coursing

    Basenji Training
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    lisastewartL
    Good luck, I don't know of anyone going, lots of shows this weekend.
  • Geriatric Basenji

    Basenji Training
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    The cold probably made her stiffer than usual, so a small misstep might cause a fall. Glucosamine kept my old girl going for several years, good luck with your oldie.
  • Agility Video

    Basenji Training
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    lvossL
    I have been a bit of chicken about entering a competition. I think I am going to give one a try either this May or June. I am going to start in CPE because their level 1 should be a good place for me the novice handler and Rio my novice dog.
  • Basenji Hiking?

    Basenji Training
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    17k Views
    nobarkusN
    I've hiked off leash at numerous areas here in the SF Bay area. They love it! Any there was only 1 area that was a problem with ticks. To me after 30 years hiking with them it's the best way to establish a great relationship with them. There's no two ways about it, Basenjis love hiking adventures.