Results: CLEAR/NORMAL

MEISTERHAUS DEAL OR NO DEAL
    XANDER
    M BJ
    HP28853103 Fanconi Retest Received: 11/11/2011
    Processed: 11/15/2011
    Test: FANCONI SYNDROME
    Results: CARRIER

Quite happy with our new results. The first time Trog was a Carrier with the blood test and Xander an indeterminate between clear and carrier.

I have not retested the girls yet, with the linkage test Tempest was clear and Gambit Carrier. I figure I have plenty of time to get them retested later as we will be doing all of their xrays next yr once they turn two, and will get the retests done sometime after that.

• Great news, but you might want to take advantage of retesting while BCOA is kicking in and making the test 50.00 instead of 65.00

• Thats true, I guesss I could get my carrier retested now. Not sure there is a reason to retest the clear as the parents were clear and carrier.

• @lisastewart:

Thats true, I guesss I could get my carrier retested now. Not sure there is a reason to retest the clear as the parents were clear and carrier.

Yes there is a reason to retest clears, if you read Dr Johnson's write up from the Nationals, he clearly says that even pClear to pClear could produce Carriers, so a pClear to pCarrier could make that pup a Carrier or even Affected if that pClear turned out to be a Carrier.

It is recommended that all potential breeding stock be retested with the direct test. And if I had a pClear to pCarrier regardless if I were considering breeding, I would retest.

Suggested Topics