• Follow up-

Okay, I thought this might be useful for somebody. I took Digital to Dr Jim, our wonderful holistic vet, and Diggie is now on ginsing. Dr Jim was encouraging and thought this (or a different herb) would help. Otherwise, he couldn't find anything even remotely off with my brindlewonderkid. So, we'll see. I hope this helps b/c I really can't see Diggie going out every two hours when winter comes to Colorado.

• Interesting - I have a senior fanconi dog that is peeing in the house as well. What is the Ginsing supposed to be for?

• I'm not exactly sure as this was a while ago. And last July he was diagnosed as having kidney failure (nonFanconi).

• I'm not exactly sure as this was a while ago and it did not work. And last July he was diagnosed as having kidney failure (nonFanconi). So, i have lots of pee pads where he likes to pee. Sometimes he misses. Sometimes his front feet are on the pad, sometimes just his back feet, and the pee stream misses the pad. I just do what I can and do lots of cleaning. I like the Fizzion brand for clean up. (got it off amazon.)

• Fizzion - never heard of it, I'll have to check it out.

Do you have him crated when you are not home? Do you have pee pads in his crate with him or how do you manage his need to pee frequently when you are not home?

• i do not crate him. just have the pee pads where he likes to pee. he always has hated being crated and at 16, i'm not going to. I do have 1/2 the hall way blocked off, so he has the den, the kitchen and 1/2 the hall when we're out. Of course we're also looking to scrap this house and build sometime in the near future, so i don't really care too much about the carpets here. if i did, i think i'd try an xpen or limit his area even more. and i don't have 2 legged kids.

Suggested Topics