• I love 'Shaun's' webpage, and I look forward to meeting such a clever dog! 🙂

• smharr4, you will also get to meet Fran and her husband who are driving down from BC.
    It will be an awsome day!

• It sounds like it's going to be a great day, yes!

We'll be there tomorrow morning, looking forward to seeing everyone there.

• What a wonderful weekend we had, and yes, I was in heaven amongst well over a hundred basenjis! Although the weather was not cooperating as nicely as it should have, the warm and caring hosts of the Evergreen Basenji Club were making it a really pleasant time for everyone. The big treat for me was getting a chance to meet the African basenjis and to talk to those who made the trek over to Africa to bring them back. Sharron's super delightful Ms. Wheat was a star! Her colouring is quite magnificent and she has a very splendid demeanor about her. She definitely likes the attention! I also spoke to both James and Brian about their little stars as well. James wants to make another trip next year. If my bones could take what theirs went through just getting to some of these places I would consider it myself. Brian had a lovely book put together of the trip - it was great to see the dogs they encountered and hear why they chose the ones they did.

Saturday was lots of judging, and there were certainly some very pretty and handsome dogs there. It was also lovely to see young handlers with their dogs - nice to know there are up and coming handlers and breeders.

After judging on Saturday, there was a superb bar-b-que hosted by the club. I would say most all of the basenji people were there - it was a great turnout, and despite some nasty weather, everyone stayed warm under the cover of the barn, ate well, enjoyed the company and had fun bidding on auction items near the end of the evening. I had my eyes on a gorgeous framed photograph of an African boy and his basenji, but alas, I had run out of american money and someone outbid me. sigh

I must thank all the hosts and particularly Sharron Hurlbut who so kindly prepped a couple of bbq meals for my hubby and I as we met a minor health emergency and arrived at the bbq a little late. Sharron is the most warm and caring person you could ever meet. All the rescues who ever come under her care are the luckiest dogs ever. She is all about the breed and what is best for them.

So my final words - I will be back next year. It was a wonderful show! I need to unpack and get my camera out and download the pictures I took - I'll post them here.

• It was a very good weekend. I got my first AKC juniors win with Am./Can./Intl Ch. Coastal's Lighthouse Louie 😃

• It was wonderful to meet you and Louie is one of my most fav b's of all time! You did good!!!!!!
    I think Fran for her nice words… She and Darrell are just the best...any b who land in their home will be very lucky indeed.
    Hugs to you all.

• We had a fun time as well.

It was our very first step into the world of show dog competition. Shaun did OK, I guess. This was his first time in the ring. He did get one first place ribbon in some preliminary round. MaryK seemed happy. She prefers puppies to be puppies and not rush into this. We have no idea what his competitive days will be.

It was great seeing so many wonderful Basenjis all in one place. The other breeds were interesting as well.

Sharron, we missed meeting you - I did ask around but did not locate you for some reason. Next time…

• I wonder, were you with a tall blondish man? You all sat over by Mary K set up?
    If not, sorry…anyway, it was great fun...and I would have clapped for you if I had know
    who you were.
    We will touch base next show maybe...are you going to the national..I just might be able to attend...fingers crossed!!

• That blond hair is now mixed gray I am afraid…

• Hehehe, ok, so I saw you, but as you were with the folks on the other side of the show, I figured you were with them…we will sure get together next show site, I am sure.

Suggested Topics