• @Kebasmom:

Has anyone out there tried to do an on line entry for the Elements event at this year's Nationals? I can't figure out how to do it.

I didn't see the online payment option either. I'm assuming you just have to mail it in or do a same day entry.

• We won't be going this year 😞 But we are planning on Wisconsin in 2011 🙂

• @Quercus:

We won't be going this year 😞 But we are planning on Wisconsin in 2011 🙂

2011 should be fun…at least that's what the plan is. 😃 It's amazing how early you have to start getting it organized.

• I'm going to National this year with Ozzy's breeder, Jean Martin (actually she was one of my roomies at last year's National too). And we'll be joining up with the Eldorado, Kaleonahe, and SkyHi crowd. Should be quite the road trip - Maine to NY, NY to CO.

Both Ozzy & Liyah are going - Liyah just as a traveling dog since she is now finished, but I'll be showing Ozzy.

I won't be going to the 2011 National - I'll be going to France for 2 - 3 weeks instead :D.

• @renaultf1:

I'm going to National this year with Ozzy's breeder, Jean Martin (actually she was one of my roomies at last year's National too). And we'll be joining up with the Eldorado, Kaleonahe, and SkyHi crowd. Should be quite the road trip - Maine to NY, NY to CO.

Both Ozzy & Liyah are going - Liyah just as a traveling dog since she is now finished, but I'll be showing Ozzy.

I won't be going to the 2011 National - I'll be going to France for 2 - 3 weeks instead :D.

What did I miss? Who is Ozzy???? France…hmm.....I don't know...tough decision 😉

• @Quercus:

What did I miss? Who is Ozzy???? France…hmm.....I don't know...tough decision 😉

Ozzy is Timar-Eldorado Black Sabbath bred by Jean Martin (Hounds of Timar in NY) - born on Christmas 09. I haven't done a proper intro on him - I've been super busy and haven't taken but a few pics on my camera phone. He joined our family at 4 mo. old. He's b&w (in case you couldn't tell by his name :D). He's a very cool character and I think super handsome - but hey I'm biased. 🆒 😃

Here's what my year has been so far:
    My father passed away unexpectedly at the beginning of this year, and quite frankly with taking care of him in the last year and then settling up everything from his passing, showing Aaliyah was just way too much for me. Pam & Sheila finished Aaliyah as we decided to keep her handled by them.

Ruby & Aaliyah had a major blow out and are no longer together - so we have 2 packs: Ruby & Brando and Aaliyah & Ozzy. Looking back I can see that pack dynamic had been changing and it was only a matter of time before Ruby & Liyah wouldn't be able to be together - didn't expect it quite so soon (Liyah was 1.5 at the time of the split). There is a small possibility I could try to get them back together, but I really have no interest in going there.

Ozzy is the perfect match for Aaliyah though - they love each other - actually lie next to each other (or on top of each other) out in the yard and in the house (something Brando & Ruby rarely did with Liyah - they usually chased her off) and play constantly. Even though I was sad that the split needed to happen w/liyah, Ruby & Brando, now I can see things are much better. Both pairs of dogs seems to be happier and with a better match - each pack is also closer in age. And I don't have to worry about the girls getting into it. So like I heard so many times before on here - it works until it doesn't - but hey, I went in with my eyes wide open.

So now I'm in the process of learning how to show with Ozzy. I've shown him a couple of times - definitely a work in progress lol, but I think I will get there eventually.

Oh, and Linda/Sinbaje figured out Ozzy is 36.71% African so he'll be in the African Exhibition (1/4 AF) at National.

So that is the long and the short of it…

• @renaultf1:

Ozzy is Timar-Eldorado Black Sabbath bred by Jean Martin (Hounds of Timar in NY) - born on Christmas 09. I haven't done a proper intro on him - I've been super busy and haven't taken but a few pics on my camera phone. He joined our family at 4 mo. old. He's b&w (in case you couldn't tell by his name :D). He's a very cool character and I think super handsome - but hey I'm biased. 🆒 😃

Here's what my year has been so far:
    My father passed away unexpectedly at the beginning of this year, and quite frankly with taking care of him in the last year and then settling up everything from his passing, showing Aaliyah was just way too much for me. Pam & Sheila finished Aaliyah as we decided to keep her handled by them.

Ruby & Aaliyah had a major blow out and are no longer together - so we have 2 packs: Ruby & Brando and Aaliyah & Ozzy. Looking back I can see that pack dynamic had been changing and it was only a matter of time before Ruby & Liyah wouldn't be able to be together - didn't expect it quite so soon (Liyah was 1.5 at the time of the split). There is a small possibility I could try to get them back together, but I really have no interest in going there.

Ozzy is the perfect match for Aaliyah though - they love each other - actually lie next to each other (or on top of each other) out in the yard and in the house (something Brando & Ruby rarely did with Liyah - they usually chased her off) and play constantly. Even though I was sad that the split needed to happen w/liyah, Ruby & Brando, now I can see things are much better. Both pairs of dogs seems to be happier and with a better match - each pack is also closer in age. And I don't have to worry about the girls getting into it. So like I heard so many times before on here - it works until it doesn't - but hey, I went in with my eyes wide open.

So now I'm in the process of learning how to show with Ozzy. I've shown him a couple of times - definitely a work in progress lol, but I think I will get there eventually.

Oh, and Linda/Sinbaje figured out Ozzy is 36.71% African so he'll be in the African Exhibition (1/4 AF) at National.

So that is the long and the short of it…

I'm sorry to hear about your father. And I'm glad you were able to find a nice match for Liyah in Ozzy, they sound like a great pair.

And you're sure we can't convince you to come to the 2011 National? There's going to be an ice cream social. Isn't ice cream and basenjis better than France? Okay, I know that's not convincing but I thought I'd try. 😃

• Very sorry to hear about your dad.

Ahhh, Ozzy must be from Jean's 9 litter endeavor! I had to laugh at her for that one!! LOL And she was only expecting 4-6!

• I am also so sorry to hear about your Dad 😞 and sorry to hear that Ruby and Aaliyah couldn't stay friends….those darn girls! Glad that Ozzy has joined you though 🙂 Hopefully, eventually we will be in the same place again at some point!

• Thanks Clay, Arlene & Andrea - it was definitely a tough spring. 😞 Thankfully things are starting to look up.

Ozzy has been a really happy addition to our home. It is nice to have a basenji attuned to me 😃 - he's such a momma's boy. Yes Arlene, Ozzy is from Jean's band of 9 :D. Hey the last time she bred a litter there were only 2, so this evens things out I guess :D.

And Clay, hard to compare - ice cream social or French wine ;)…
    but all kidding aside, if I go to France for only 2 weeks, I may try to do a brief fly in (no dog) to 2011 National like I did in KY last year - but I have much time to figure that out...

Suggested Topics