Basenji on Craigs List - Portland OR

• Be nice if they could get him into a place like Best Friends in Utah.

• The CL post didn't say anything about BRAT having already been involved or enough of the history. It's a little more clear now. I agree, one month doesn't seem long enough to rehab him. I hope he has a future…but it's not looking good.

For the record, I wasn't passing judgment on BRAT. I was just confused by the apparent lack of interest because of how the CL post was worded.

• Okay, I have one of those Basenjis that was living in a backyard for almost a year with no socialization - she is also from the horrible breeder in AR. Ivoss made reference to the fact my B's parents were F carriers. In one year, a visit to ER and 15 stitches in my leg, and days when I thought she was a demon, Bailey has become a lovely dog. I couldn't ask for a sweeter Basenji. It takes time.

Anyone heading this way from California? I would take the Basenji in a moment.

A dog like the one on Craigslist can be helped, but the B can't be shuffled around from home to home.

• Vicki,
    If you want this dog email me right away at bennyburnerbono at aol dot com.

• @Vicki:

Okay, I have one of those Basenjis that was living in a backyard for almost a year with no socialization - she is also from the horrible breeder in AR. Ivoss made reference to the fact my B's parents were F carriers. In one year, a visit to ER and 15 stitches in my leg, and days when I thought she was a demon, Bailey has become a lovely dog. I couldn't ask for a sweeter Basenji. It takes time.

Anyone heading this way from California? I would take the Basenji in a moment.

A dog like the one on Craigslist can be helped, but the B can't be shuffled around from home to home.

Vicki,

I hope you get him. You are one of those amazing, special people.

-Nicole

• Vicki have you got this baby yet??????

Rita Jean

• Rita, he isn't here. The boy lives on the West Coast - I would give it my all if he can be transported this far.

Suggested Topics