Skip to content

Texas Basenji Lover

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • We are Basenji lovers from Central Texas

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @gretchen - You might want to reconsider if you can't find exactly what you are looking for... go for the younger adult... IMO...
  • Basenji Lover!!!

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views
    D
    Please contact the BRAT Admin staff at http://www.basenjirescue.org/asp/contactus.asp . Debbi J.
  • Basenji Aggression

    Member Introductions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    wizardW
    Yes to the suggestions to get her checked and also spay her. Aggression may not necessarily be vicious but rather reaction to the scary situation she encountered. It can be dealt with through consistent and regular training (with treats to start) - you might try the Fenzi Dog Academy online classes (they have a great class for retraining reactive dogs). But regardless you need to be more aware of her surroundings and not put her in a situation that may be scary to her or at least get her attention back on you (treats) when you can't avoid the situation.
  • Basenji-less in Austin, Texas

    Member Introductions
    62
    0 Votes
    62 Posts
    41k Views
    ArwenA
    One of my chow customers was named Tedioso Great. Teddy was an amazing dog. We called him a lab in a chow coat. Then a fellow groomer clipper burned his groin area. He never even flinchec, much less bit. They brought him into the office to show the burn (it was a fairly bad one) and Teddy jumped in my lap. LOL I think he thought I could save him. I adored that fuzzy lump. Others? Oh wow. Most of my stories about them involve stitches and plastic surgery. Not on me but on my fellow groomers. I charged a premium and made the owner stay with the dog.
  • Between Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    nala121498N
    I'm sorry for the loss of your dear Basenjis. Losing a pet is so difficult. I hope this site helps you through the transition. Welcome.
  • Hello basenji lovers!

    Member Introductions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    Welcome, I live in Wa state and do BRAT rescue. Lots of rescue folks are here. Again, welcome