• Take a peek at their individual shots and the video - Hanna and her 'posse'.

http://mijokrbasenjis.homestead.com/podengo-puppies.html

Friday time for their photo shoot with Laurie Erickson - should be fun :D:eek:

• Houston

Too cute, although I went on there the other day and looked..got to keep up with the puppies.

• My gosh, how do you even keep track? I'm sure Hanna is ready for a vacation by now.

• they are so cute!
    it is so funny, my ibizan hound had a litter of 11 too, but 8 girls and 3 boys πŸ™‚
    have you found all new homes for those critters yet?

• Nope not all it's hard to promote a breed know one knows about - Once they are out and about at shows it will be a bit easier - their mama helps as she is so outgoing and social.

• I see, well ibizan hounds arent very popular here either, so that is why I only breed when I have enough serious resonsible puppy buyers in advance πŸ˜‰
    I hope you find resonsible owners soon! it will not be easy to socialize 11 puppies …. but when you have enough help I know you will manage, i will send you some strength and energy πŸ˜‰

• I typically only breed when I have some good home lined up as well. But when I started to investigate the breed - there were 19 Podengo Grande Smooth registered in the world. So I started the project to see what we in the US could do to increase the numbers and to motivate those breeders in Portugal to register their dogs. We are starting to see some success and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have 11 puppies.

I do have some homes and some will go to different parts of the US for breeders of other size Podengo to show off, I have a few that are staying by me and a friend has offered to take in a couple to continue socializing when I have to go back to school in the fall.

Once they get their shots and I can get them out and about - I think I will see some interest.

My good friend Wendy (Harehill Hounds) has been very helpful in building some interest in the Beezer community as well.

• Just wait for them to be old enough to take to the dog park, get a bus, and unleash. That many puppies draws attention and spark conversation so you can teach about them, and you'll find a couple good owners that way. It'll help that you may already know some of the people from the park anyway.

I can't even imagine that many little puppies running all around. I think when my parents had puppies, we only had about 8 husky puppies. They were all gone to good homes in like 4 months from birth.

• They are all adorable!

• Adorable!!!! More, more, more, please!!!

• @dmcarty:

I typically only breed when I have some good home lined up as well. But when I started to investigate the breed - there were 19 Podengo Grande Smooth registered in the world. So I started the project to see what we in the US could do to increase the numbers and to motivate those breeders in Portugal to register their dogs. We are starting to see some success and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have 11 puppies.

I do have some homes and some will go to different parts of the US for breeders of other size Podengo to show off, I have a few that are staying by me and a friend has offered to take in a couple to continue socializing when I have to go back to school in the fall.

Once they get their shots and I can get them out and about - I think I will see some interest.

My good friend Wendy (Harehill Hounds) has been very helpful in building some interest in the Beezer community as well.

It really sounds that you know what you are doing, so everything will turn out fine , I am sure about that! meanwhile you can show us loads of pictures of the bunch πŸ˜ƒ

Suggested Topics