Skip to content

Shampoo

Breeder Talk

Suggested Topics

  • recent thoughts on tight line breeding?

    Breeder Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    35k Views
    H
    @senjisilly just now saw your reply. Thanks for the pedigree website. I knew about it and it’s a great resource.
  • Yodeldog Kennel

    Breeder Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    9k Views
    RouxR
    @tanza I don't believe there was a limit to the number of letters, though I wasn't paying much attention to whether the field stopped me from continuing. Tanza is nice! I was actually surprised no one has claimed the name :D
  • Advice for Beginning?

    Breeder Talk
    8
    1 Votes
    8 Posts
    9k Views
    RouxR
    @tanza I'm definitely attending the next show as a recon trip. Not sure how the work here but if they're similarly easy to enter as the ones in the US, I do want to show Roux! LOL that's a hilarious saying; I absolutely appreciate a smart lady over cluelessness haha :face_with_tongue:
  • Misty mountains in Knoxville TN

    Breeder Talk
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    20k Views
    tanzaT
    @zande - So true Zande, the test is 65.00 and considering the heartbreak and cost of caring for a Fanconi Basenji (try shoving down 20+ pills a day) it is something that anyone breeding, even Back Yard Breeders or Puppymills should always do... Also if someone happens to get a puppy or is unsure about the breeder they did get a Basenji puppy from, spend the 65.00 and have the DNA Fanconi test done... again it is a cheek swab that you order from OFA.org
  • 0 Votes
    16 Posts
    16k Views
    E
    @zande thank you so much for your help
  • Shampoo and Conditioner

    Breeder Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    10k Views
    M
    I use Martha Stewart's hypoallergenic Lanolin Puppy Shampoo. It kinda has an herbal smell, but it's gentle and leave his coat so shiny! You could also use a brightening shampoo if you have a black and white, the shampoos are usually dark blue, the darker the color , the better shine.